News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Sturgis, MI. April 11 & 12, 2015

Started by Graywolf, March 31, 2015, 01:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graywolf

What a fantastic weekend we had at the St. Joseph County Conversation and Sportsman's Club.  We had ideal weather, enthusiastic and capable shooters, and a host club that was super helpful and went way above and beyond to make sure our shoot went well.  The range at the club is the best I have had the privilege of using in a long time, being able to easily handle 40 shooters at 25 meters and still conveniently reach out to 200 if we wanted (which, of course, we did.)  Did I mention that the club fed us all for free?  Did I mention pulled pork sandwiches?  We got the royal treatment here.

I want to encourage our shooters to keep at it.  Several of you are on the cusp of scoring rifleman and I really thought I was going to be handing out a bunch of rifleman patches.  A rifleman persists!  Keep at it.  We have several shoots happening in the near future that are close to you so take advantage and break the barrier.  Everyone showed improvement, especially a couple who had never handled a rifle before in their lives.  Everyone was eager and willing to try new things. 

Also, I would like to thank Snipette for keeping us running smoothly.  I love Blue Hats!  Special thanks to Lighting for being temporary Orange Hat on Saturday to help out with the numbers of shooters and ended up being the go to guy with some major equipment issues.  Steve kept some very ornery rifles running.  Thanks also to Click and 3.Dogs for taking the time to be instructors.  All in all, it was a great team to work with.

Special thanks to John, our liaison contact for the club.  He got us before the board initially, kept an eye on us, made sure all our needs were met, and made our stay memorable.  Thanks, John!!  Also thanks to the club members who helped with the meals.  Best food at an event ever.

And now because  :pics: post 'em up if you got 'em.
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

Snipette

What a beautiful weekend to get out on the range!  And what a great group of shooters!  A good time was had by all of us and we did receive, as greywolf said, the royal treatment from the St. Joseph County Conservation & Sportsman Club! 

Thanks to everyone that came out and spent time with us!  I look forward to seeing you all at the upcoming events!!

Here's some pictures from the day.....
Enjoy!!
Brenda
"You can only possess what you experience... Truth to be understood, must be lived"  -- Charlie Peacock

"My gear bag has more compartments than ANY purse!" - 3.dogs

Snipette

And another one...
"You can only possess what you experience... Truth to be understood, must be lived"  -- Charlie Peacock

Snipette

annnd... some more for your viewing pleasure!   :)

Snipette

Final batch! :)