News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Gainesville, FL March 21-22, 2015

Started by 9mm4545, March 23, 2015, 08:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

9mm4545

Nice shoot. Great weather and eager students made for a very rewarding event. With only six shooters and four instructors everyone got plenty of one on one instruction and by the end of the weekend we had revealed two new Riflemen: Charles and Bill. Great shooting, guys! Larry, missing a Rifleman score by one point is a heartbreaker but there is no doubt that a bit of dry fire practice and another try will bring success. Austin, you and Perry were an inspiration with your grit and determination. Try to concentrate on trigger control and sight focus as you dry fire and you will be amazed at the improvement. Relaxation into the position will mean a steadier rifle and a better score. Catlyn, I hope that next time you can make it for both days but your improvement was gratifying nonetheless. Big thanks to Jean and Frank for outstanding help and hospitality--and donuts.  :) If you missed this shoot, you missed a good one. Smoak, Bill, Janet--you rock! Thanks for the great help. If you have photos, share away.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

Minutemom

Sounds like it was a great shoot!  I missed my Appleseed family that weekend and wish I could have been there!  Great job to the 2 new riflemen, and to everyone who came out to learn more about their heritage.
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,