News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hubertus WI March 21, 2015

Started by JoeZ, March 23, 2015, 08:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeZ

Greetings all,
Another shoot has been logged in the heritage books. Small (5 shooters and 2 instructors) but fruitful, this shoot was a good one. We have a new orange hat (congrats to Cord) and we had one shooter score rifleman (congrats Deanna). The morning red coat target informed us that one shooter was effective to 100 yards and that was all. By the last AQT of the day, all shooters were scoring at least high marksman. Quite a change.

Weather was nice, we were treated to a bit of sun which turned a little cool breezy day into a down right pleasant mid 40 degree day.

The shooters were uniformly eager for instruction and expressed much gratitude at the end of the day.

So thanks to all the shooters and to Sennott who came out as usual to help.

JoeZ
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

colycat

5 people on the road to Rifleman and one new instructor is a pretty good day in my mind.

Thanks to Joez for running monthly event in Milwaukee. O0
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Cord

It was my best of shooting ever at 247 (I hatted a few years ago, but things on the community side never advanced) but my greatest pride was having my wife score Rifleman!  Still more work to do on consistency for her, but she enjoys the appleseeds so there will be more opportunities for improvement.

colycat

Cord,

247 is almost a perfect score.  Now you are ready for the not so perfect.  That is teaching and spreading what you have learned to other people.  Learn today, teach tomorrow.

This is our mantra.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine