News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: IBC -- Winterset, IA -- March 14-15, 2015

Started by AFTERMATH, March 22, 2015, 02:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFTERMATH

Iowa has shown to have some of the best staff, instructors, and volunteers.  My experience at this IBC only reinforces that observation. 

The plan started with having this IBC at the local gun club.  A little scheduling conflict and that plan changed. Improvise, adapt, overcome, right?  We moved the bulk of the class to Twineagles basement.  In my opinion, this move was probably for the better.  As we worked through the POI without any distraction from the outside world.  Well, besides the beautiful vistas! 

Much thanks to Twineagles for arranging and hosting this IBC. 

Vette73, Smileytandc, Ames, SteveRiker, and Rhysling were in attendance this weekend under the fine and adept tutelage of BuzzG and Twineagles - Both very experienced Trail-hardened Appleseeders with a strong grasp on the concept and mission of a RWVA instructor.

They made my job easy, as all I had to do was present the material/task and let them do the hard work of drilling it into the very eager students.  Students who thought the firehose at an Appleseed was a lot.

We wrapped up the weekend by handing out three new Orange Hats and a Rifleman patch!  It hardly gets any better than that.

The prospects for IA and western NE are looking pretty good, especially considering that while we were working with the next generation of instructors, the rest of the IA cadre seemed to be out working on promotional efforts.   O0

With any luck, these IA folks will grow restless and begin invading and Appleseeding the neighboring states, perhaps an early retirement is possible after all!

Until next time - Keep your powder dry and hide those green-tipped musket balls!

Aftermath
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Twineagles

Spring break weekend also cost us some attendees. This was the third IBC for me to be part of and at all of them I learn a few new things. By the time we finished I think the IIT's felt confident they could make the presentations at a shoot. Our border raiders from the north are always welcome in IA. Thanks Alex and Buzz.

Mike
Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne