News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Nashville, IN - 21-22 March 2015

Started by brianheeter, March 22, 2015, 07:31:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brianheeter

Day 1 is in the books.  We had great weather, attentive students and a father and son who showed that they know very well what they are about.

Forecast for today calls for cooler temperatures and more Riflemen!

C ya,

brian
(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

brianheeter

The weather was cooler than yesterday but the shooting was outstanding.  Everyone showed improvement as scores climbed and confidence with marksmanship skills shined through.

Today we had two new Riflemen in Roy (216) and Blake (219).  Both are first time 'seeders.  They took the instruction, made it their own and showed everybody that they know very well what they are about.

Kurt and David (father and son who requal'd on Saturday) backed up their Rifleman status multiple times.  David (17 years old) scored a 249!  Huzzzzzaaahhhhh!  He backed that up with a 245 and 236 on Sunday.  Kurt, his father scored 233, 240 and 246.  Huzzzzzaaaahhhhhh!!!!  Outstanding!

We had a few others in the 170 to low 200 range.  It's just a matter of time and practice before we get some more Riflemen and Riflewomen out of this group.

Thanks to Clay for helping us out with RSO duties.  Clay was signed up to be a shooter and suffered an injury last week that kept him from being on the line with his two sons.  When we asked for his assistance on Sunday he stepped right up and helped us keep things rolling.  And thanks to Doug who generously brought his M1 carbine and offered it up to whomever wanted to shoot it during the KD session. 

It was very encouraging to see families on the line together.  We had three sets of fathers and sons, and a mother with her two grown daughters. 

Red Hat Rayne requal'd lefty with a 219 showing us that a sore arm isn't something keep you from shooting but an open door for you to apply yourself, overcome an obstacle and improve yourself in the process.

Last and certainly not least, Jamie Dixon took a blue hat.  I know Jamie personally and she will be a great help whenever she can make it to a shoot.

Thanks to the shooters and Instructors who all came together and made this such a great weekend.  I hope that our paths will cross again soon.

C ya,

brian
(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

Smiley777

Great weekend and awesome training by the Appleseed crew!  Thank you to all the instructors (official and unofficial) who made it a great weekend!

Lonestar6

Sounds like an awesome weekend. Did Brian earn the green hat?
President Reagan is quoted as saying 'There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit.' This is a valid observation, and a powerful tool.

DemoltionMan

First, I want to point out that Brian neglected to mention that he did indeed earn his green hat.  He must be trying to be modest!  Congratulations, Brian.

I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who helped make this a great event.  My boys enjoyed themselves immensely and are already talking about their next try for the Rifleman patch.  They're also talking about mods they want to make to my Rugers...this is going to get expensive.  I blame Appleseed. :)

I wish more of my Boy Scout troop could have made it this weekend, but at least one father/son team plan to attend the Crawfordsville event.  There may be others as well.

Thanks again!
Doug

CaraBelle

Awesome, awesome weekend! Soooo close to that rifleman patch. 204!!! Next time! (Can I just point out that I didn't even score high enough to "qualify" for any status at my first shoot!) LoneStar, we missed you out there. My mom, sis and I were all hoping to see you again.

I hope I get all these handles right but thanks to MudCat for taking one look at my shot group and instantly pointing out that I was focusing on the target picture and not the front sight! TJ, thanks to you I am now a shoot with two eyes open kinda gal! LoneStar, I credit you with learning not to jump off the trigger with your straw paper trick from our first Ladyseed!

brianheeter thanks for your "creepiness" and the laughs! ha ha! Seriously though, congrats on the green hat. We enjoyed having you run the show!

TJ Kackowski

It was truly a pleasure working with everybody this weekend.  Everybody was safe, and everybody showed improvement.  Best of all everybody had fun!

Keep working on your rifle positions by dry firing indoors.  They do get more comfortable the more you practice.  If you need an inexpensive .22LR snap cap, try using a #4-6 plastic drywall anchor!

I'm a bit surprised nobody's noted that  :pics:

Here's the photos I took.

Brian gets his Green Hat.  Huzzah!

Two new Riflemen, Blake and Roy.  Huzzah!

Jamie takes a Blue Hat.  Huzzah!

That's all the photos I snapped ... who's next?

HappyHiker

Ditto what my wiser, higher-scoring, yet older sister stated. Hehe!

What a great weekend. Once again, a great group of instructors and students. sure love this shooting "stuff"!

I scored a 195, but I know what to practice to get to 211. (I don't want the North Bridge water!)

Thank you, everyone!

J Jessup

Looks like you all had a great event. I can even see grass.  :)

Congratulations to everyone!

JLJ

CaraBelle

Pictures!

CaraBelle

Garand time, baby!

CaraBelle

I'm going to get in trouble for posting the last one. Ha ha!

cameramonkey

Finally getting around to jumping on here.

Yes, a fun time was had by all. Cant wait until my next one. I already have one buddy complaining I didnt tell him so he could come, so I guess I'll be tagging along with him on his first shoot!

And VERY special thanks to TJ for his generosity. SOOO many grins after he graciously let us shoot his Garand. Nothing like that *ping!*.

And another congrats to Brian!