News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR, Iron River WI, 13 & 14 March 2015

Started by Privateer, March 15, 2015, 05:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Privateer

Alright, here's my feeble attempt to write an After Action  Report on the Appleseed IIT doing a PR thing at a gun show.

Firstly I'd like to thank Ray Kangas Productions for supporting the AS project by letting us have a table at the Iron River gun show for a mere $5.00 US. Unbelievable right?  The whole beauty of that was the fact that the 12' table we had was shared with the organization known as Oath Keepers. 6' apiece, way to cool.  Pictures to follow?

At any rate, I was nervous at first about doing the show at all worrying about that what if question.  Let me tell you, as if you didn't already know,  once I got started talking about the mission, (Saving the United States) and the story of some of the participants on that fateful some 240 years ago,  the passion kicked in and it all rolled out as if by instinct.  Having my trusty rifle handy I was able to demonstrate the proper use of the hasty sling by the book mind you, on several separate occasions during the course of the show.  I've developed a knack for reaching for the last doughnut in the process, along with some confidence in sharing different points of the program.  I handed out a few fliers and tried to talk people into coming to the 240th anniversary of that fateful day on April 19, down at the Spooner IRPC.  I had a lot of seemingly interested folks inquire about the shoot in Mason.  I did direct them and al who stopped to chat to the website listed in the trifold pamphlet. We really do need to get us some updated ones if they're available.  There is almost as much blacked out material on the right side of the inside portion of it than there is current pricing info & guidelines. 

I believe Jr. will be coming to the shoot with us as a walk on and I'll have confirmation of that within the week.  So in actuality I was able to double the line right?  I'm hoping we can get a full house for the shoot.  Time will tell.  Thanks for letting me have the opportunity to help out again
Far better it is to dare mighty things, than to take rank with those poor timid spirits that know niether victory nor defeat..... Teddy R.  Rough Riders

Liberty or Death,  There is NO try...... Patrick Henry Yoda

"An excellent example of what not to do"........  Positive Reinforcement by a Shoot Boss to an IIT....

"Every man dies, but not every man lives".......

Taylor

Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison