News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Have time for more shoots in NW Ohio?

Started by topper, March 14, 2015, 02:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topper

Two fellas contacted me this week about setting up first time shoots. Both of these men attended their first shoot last year in Liberty Center.  O0

Group one is a Church group. Don't know how many are interested in shooting or if they have a range secured. They are asking about the first weekend in May.

Group two is the Defiance County Law Enforcement Association. Don't know how many are interested in shooting but they voted as a group to host an event. They want their own event on their own LE range. No time frame was mentioned.

I can do the ground work meeting with these groups, answering questions, getting Host Range Agreements ect. Is there enough support to staff additional shoots?

Cadence

Did you cc Corvette? Would be happy to help out in any way if you need it. Let me know.
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

topper

Thanks Cadence. I'll send a message to Corvette.

By the way, you and Blindman did a great job at the library Tuesday night. I was hoping to chat a bit afterwords but needed to get the Trail Life boys back.

Arla the library manager was pleased with the evening and said there were 40 people in attendance. (that'a almost half the town) I'm sure you'd be welcomed back anytime you want.

Thanks for helping spread the message around Liberty Center.

Corvette

Topper, let's talk about the possible new shoots.  If there are folks that want yo do a shoot, great let's figure a way to do it.  If at all possible though we should avoid more May shoots. Counting the private shoot in Cochocton, I think we'd have 5 or 6 May shoots already on schedule.  Let look at scedule and come up with some suggestions.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Corvette

Topper,

Looking at the schedule, the best weeks are 1st or 3rd weeks June, 1st, 2nd or 4th week July or 3rd or 4th weeks of Aug. In general, unless the group is going to fill the new shoot, you want to try to stay a couple weeks from shoots already on schedule in NW Ohio.  Those would be Piqua, Liberty Center, Gibsonburg when they post their shoots and Marion.

Let's coordinate by phone on what you know so far and come up with plan.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!