News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Avoid parking lots after terror attack

Started by Johnnyappleseed, March 11, 2015, 07:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnnyappleseed

This is from our friends at "buckeye firearms" its good advice and posted on the Ohio board as it came from your state NRA affilate .
http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/don%E2%80%99t-evacuate-parking-lot

"DON'T EVACUATE INTO A PARKING LOT! It's just too difficult to protect yourself around hundreds of uncleared cars. Almost any other evacuation location would be preferable to a parking lot. Look for an open area with no cars, areas of disturbed soil, or trash receptacles. Ideally there should be some hard cover available nearby."
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

proneshooter

Most of the places we go to in public are surrounded by parking lots.  Rather that stay in the mall/theater/restaurant/whatever where the active shooters are, I'm getting the hell out of dodge.

The sea of vehicles provides multiple avenues to conceal one's escape.

proneshooter

OK, I read the article and now I understand the mentality behind it a bit better.

Yes, don't evacuate into the parking lot if, once you get there, you act like a good little sheep and stand around in groups for official government help.

Do evacuate to the parking lot BUT DO NOT STOP.  Keep going past it to the nearest building or to the nearest natural concealment (greenway, wooded park, etc).

IF you can find your car quickly and IF you are not in a heavily congested urban area, it might be a good idea to get it in and get the hell out of dodge.  Getting in your car and getting stuck in traffic near the scene of a terrorist attack is almost like signing your own death warrant.

PHenry

Move into the country. Grow food. Avoid public buildings and big cities.  ^-^
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

DaveD

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

proneshooter

Quote from: PHenry on March 13, 2015, 08:51:25 AM
Move into the country. Grow food. Avoid public buildings and big cities.  ^-^
While I would prefer to live in the country, and plan on eventually doing so, that's not in the cards for now.  And even after, I don't plan on avoiding populated places forever.

BTW, el seƱor Zapata esta 100% correcto

PHenry

Don't look at me. Onliest "crowd" I like is on Appleseeds firing line.  ^-^
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata