News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Leetown Gun Club (IWLA) Kearneysville, WV Feb 28, 2015

Started by Eroyle, February 28, 2015, 09:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eroyle

Leetown Gun Club (IWLA) Kearneysville, WV was the site of a One Day Winterseed Event.  The day started off slow and cold (10°), snow on the ground, but it did not deter 16 dedicated shooters from coming out to learn about marksmanship and American History. 

After lunch it started to heat up (29°) and we kicked it up a few notches knocking out 2 AQT's.  5 Achieved the coveted Winterseed Rifleman Patch and 1 re-qualified.  HUZZAH!

An extremely busy day packed full of instruction resulted in 5 individuals obtaining Rifleman scores for the first time Charles (210), Steve (214), Joby (210), Lisa (226), Sven (222) and Aaron (217) re-qualifying.  The students were very attentive to the motivating history lessons from NavyBowHunter, deMontjoie and Dangerous Old Men presented by ColdWarrior.  We saw improvement amongst all the shooters throughout the day, as several students had never shot a rifle before.  PiMuffy worked exclusively with the new shooters and all improved throughout the day.  We closed out the successful afternoon with 1 shooter clearing the Red Coats. 

To all the students thank you for a great event!  I hope to see you at another Appleseed event soon and bring a friend, co-worker or family member.  Remember to "Like" us on Facebook - Project Appleseed Maryland.

To the first class group of highly motivated Maryland Instructors who rallied and responded in a big way for assistance Thank You!  Beswift, deMontjoie, NavyBowHunter, NavyIrish, BlueMax121, Cold Warrior, TheTopher, Chestypuller, El_Cid, Chestypuller, Orion59 and Pimuffy thank you for your support throughout the day.  First class group of Instructors.

Link to pictures https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxT3dg1kPb6CfkZ2bDg1NzBldnUyLWdZU1hRWGotWFk3NHViT2hLN0dXYU5XWFNrVmdVU1U&usp=sharing

Update 3/2/15 - Added two new instructors to the Maryland and WV Team.  Lisa and Sven thank you for stepping up.  ^:)^
Update 3/4/15 - Add Aaron to the Instructor Team.  Thank you!
But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever.  John Adams

navybowhunter

I was reminded once again, what is a Priority in my life, and what is "whatever".

Thanks to all!

HUZZAH!

BeSwift

Quote from: navybowhunter on February 28, 2015, 11:57:31 PM
I was reminded once again, what is a Priority in my life, and what is "whatever".

Thanks to all!

HUZZAH!

O0 O0 O0 :bow:
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

Cold Warrior

Huzzah!
^:)^

And Brian, driving all over hell and half of West Virginia...
"The hour is fast approaching, on which the Honor and Success of the Appleseed mission, and the safety of our bleeding Country depend. Remember citizens, that you are free men and women, fighting for the blessings of Liberty; that slavery will be your portion, and that of your posterity, if you do not acquit yourselves like Riflemen." ~ GW & Fred

deMontjoie

Saturday was a great day.  A FULL line of safe and attentive students, a solid turnout of excellent instructors, a good batch of Riflemen and (the cherry on top of the sundae) a couple new and local IITs to help in reestablishing an organic 'Seed program in West Virginia.   O0

Also, the President of the Isaac Walton League of Jefferson County that runs the Leetown Gun Club http://iwlawv.org/index.html was very pleased with us.  He was impressed with our safety focus and with how we took care of their range "...as if it was our own".  He stated that he's definitely going to invite us back -- and not only when it is 20 degrees below zero. ;)

casperinmd

Semper Fi here :)

Just wanted to thank all the volunteers for coming out. I will return, most likely to see the Navy Chief (leaving out name in case he doesn't want it on here) down in Lexington Park! The course sunk home to my 14 year old son what freedom is and what it costs, and I know that is the main mission here. With that said, I am now in WV, so I'll be glad to join the crew out there when I become a volunteer to help run the WV area!

He wants his own 22LR now to practice with! I'll pick me one up as well since I had to leave my AR at home.

Huzzah!

navybowhunter

Right on "CasperinMD", here is the link to the MD shoots, select Lexington Park and I will be sure to be there.

http://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-display.php?qstate=MD&statename=Maryland

Great to meet you and your son as well!

R/
Chris