News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Port Townsend, WA 7-8 March 2015

Started by Earl, March 06, 2015, 09:53:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earl

Remember that spring forward on Sunday for Daylight Saving Time.

Location and Range Information: jeffersoncountysportsmen Port Townsend, WA

Thirteen shooters pre-registered, five instructors and a Caravan to load tonight. Travel safe and come to enjoy the marksmanship and the history and become one with the American Heritage.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Fixer

No words.  Just pictures.  Sleepy.  Later.

Earl

One of the most beautiful Appleseed Weekends in Port Townsend, WA, they do tell me that it only rains when I show up, but I must have been sneaky - clear skies, Full moon, stars and the Sun shined upon us. The thirteen shooters were great, most of the crew got to shoot, lots of repeat riflemen (mostly crew and Robert that brought his friends!!!!!!!! huzzah! huzzah! huzzah!)

I haven't finished the paperwork, nor unloaded the Caravan, but the few pictures I took I will share - thanks, Fixer, you got the one with me on the Halberd, demonstrating one of the differences an NCO would have had from a private soldier.

Anyway, that final Red Coat target made my day, shooters, you have a great grasp on the shooting, now get over being timed and please stay on your target. Come back,  bring friends and build that American experience.

Thanks for the support Ben, from far Vancouver, WA, and especially the Brown Bess demonstration and sharing shooting with the bravest shooters.

We got a great briefing from the Rifle Competition rep from the range, their times on certain positions exceed ours in places, good contacts and motivation for doing Known Distance. Good to have an RWVA member on the range's board, thanks Jay for stepping up.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Kimber Custom

The flags Earl put up inspired me to take a bunch of pics -

Robert with a re-qualify

Sunday

Proud papa welcoming the 4th rifleman into the family

Thanks everyone for coming out. It was a beautiful weekend and I can't think of a better way to spend my time. I hope to see you all on the trail again with your friends, families, neighbors and co-workers.

Remember our KD event March 21 & 22 (Eagle Creek, OR). Our next event in WA state is Ariel, WA March 28 & 29. Stevenson, WA has a Patriots weekend event on April 18 & 19 and we will be back in Port Townsend on May 9 & 10.

Earl

Seems I missed some pictures :slap:

Sorry about that Flipper. :(

George Hacker

Nice shooting, Flipper! O0

It looks like y'all had a wonderful weekend with great shooters and excellent weather.

George
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Flipper

I had a great time this weekend :D the weather was great and I got to shoot the whole time!!! I did some instruction and told some history so that made it even better. My sister finally made Rifleman and she is ecstatic about doing it again so she can be an orange hat like the rest of her family :D
Thanks everyone who came you all did really well and their are some who need to come back they were knocking  :cool2:

Flipper