News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

gunlink.info - needs appleseed help

Started by scuzzy, March 06, 2015, 08:24:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

I received the following - if somebody want's to take this on please let me know:

Hi,   Thanks for getting back to us on Facebook.   A couple of us over here on the GunLink crew have been to a few Appleseed events and are big fans of them and what they teach the participants.  Also, as a SGN subscriber, I've always liked reading "Fred's" articles there.    As fans of Appleseed, we created a sub-board on our discussion forums at www.GunLink.info/forums where we've shared general information, event dates, etc.  We had a couple people involved with Appleseed come on board and one young lady was moderating the sub-board and keeping up with posting info, experiences, and event dates not only in the Appleseed board but also in each of the state/local discussion boards (which have recently been re-purposed from local forms for a particular RKBA organization to general local discussion).     The young lady that was managing this took a hiatus for personal reasons a while back and I don't think she spends much time on web work like that any more.  So I thought that I would reach out to you to see if anyone on your end was interested in taking over and leveraging our forums to help spread the word about Appleseed, get feedback, etc. (although I know that you already have your own forums established for this).  Let me know if you are interested.     Lastly, we got to meet up with some of your people at NRAAM last year and appreciated getting to meet some more of your team.  Although the show is close to us again this year, I'm not sure if we will get to make it as I have to work at another trade show that partially overlaps.  If we do get to make it to NRAAM 2015, we'll be sure to stop by and visit again.   Best,  Don GunLink Firearms Community  www.GunLink.info  twitter.com/GunLink  facebook.com/GunLink.info
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

DrRichP

DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata