News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

April 18-19 shoots?

Started by chippendale, March 05, 2015, 03:16:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chippendale

To the Big Cheese Crowd,

I've invited maybe 20 dudes to April 18-19 Appleseed. 
Are New Philadelphia and/or Gibsonburg having shoots that weekend?

It's hard to invite people with nothing on the schedule.   :wb:

EZ3

Miamisburg is the only Ohio event on the calendar that weekend.  But, ya know, Beaver Falls is just a little bit past the PA border.  Just sayin'.
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

colycat

In this program all Riflemen are encouraged to make things happen.

No shoots in your area?  Get a range and get it on the schedule.

Don't know how to do it?  Ask.

It won't happen by wishing it.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

LindaFromAppleCreek

Tusco has hosted many an Appleseed. Most of the ranges around here plan their calendars at the February and March membership meetings. I suspect that is why it is not on our calendar.

Freelancing and talking to ranges without coordination with the guy who has been working with the ranges will not be helpful. If Corvette is working with Tusco, and Chip out of no where contacts them, it makes us look unprofessional.

The other consideration is staff. There are 2 RH in the eastern part of the state, and no SB. Most of the time, we depend upon PA for a SB to cover these shoots. Adding a shoot here which conflicts with PA helps no one.

If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
aka Mustang380gal

PHenry

Your southern brothers and sisters stand ready to assist in any way we can OH. O0

find the person who knows the venue.
find the venue that is willing to host.
PM me with the event / venue info and I will find a SB and instructors if need be.
I'm already signed up to run an event that requires a club member and I am only club member SB currently.
We have six events for Patriot's Day in FL, but we have more than six SBs, so may be able to get one to travel to you.If not will beat the brush to find one! Just need a place with 25M, a solid backstop, and at least ten shooters.
Tempis Fugit - Carpe Diem!
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

LindaFromAppleCreek

Corvette coordinates the ranges. This needs to go through him.
aka Mustang380gal

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

PHenry

http://www.tuscorifle.org/

Could be they don't often update their website, but they are currently showing nothing on their schedule of events. Looks like a gorgeous place - 360 acres!

LindaFromAppleCreek

It is a gorgeous range. They sometimes have full auto shoots up on the hill while we are down on the rifle range.  Awfully cool telling battle stories with that going on as sound effects. Also, they have enough space for a 300 yard range, and a 600 yard range.  We have split AS lines, leaving one group to work AQTs while others went to do KD work. 

They are usually later to announce their dates.  Corvette had a membership, so he is well known to them. I expect we should be seeing dates soon.

Gibsonburg is the other range Chippendale mentioned. That's one of the early AS host ranges. 
aka Mustang380gal

Corvette

Chip, Linda, et alla,

Working on something either North or East for Patriots weekend. Will let you know more shortly.

Chippendale, you keep pitching the program, we'll get the shoots setup.

2015 Appleseed is coming faster than we think. All this cold and snow is masking the fact that we are only three weeks from our opening event. Huzzah. Soon it will be the smells of powder and sweat.

More shortly.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

chippendale

Thanks for the update, everyone.  I just thought all the April events had not yet been listed.  It appears that May will be the time to get everyone out.