News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hey Mountaineers!

Started by BeSwift, March 01, 2015, 06:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeSwift

Hey Mountaineers... we're trying like mad to get Appleseed viable in your fine state again, but we need YOUR help to redevelop an active instructor Corps and get ranges on board. We are LIKELY (not finalized yet) to get more shoots in Leetown, WV, this year, but it'd help if we could reignite the fire in the rest of the state as well! 

We've had 3 shoots in 3 mos at Leetown, with full or nearly full lines!

Any of our former or semi-retired instructors or students in WV.. now is the time to step up!  We need ya! 

If ya got any questions, drop me a pm or an email at appleseedmaryland@gmail.com
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

Bruce in WV

As of last evening's membership meeting I'll be the POC working with Brian to set up future shoots at the Leetown IWLA/NRA Gun Club. In addition to the groups Brian has identified who want to attend Appleseed training, the club wants me to get more of our members and folks from the local area on the firing line. It will be important to provide training opportunities for more WV instructors and staff, too, as WV becomes self-sufficient again.
There are exciting times to come. Wish us luck.

Charles McKinley

Drop us a line if there is anything in the west or northern panhandle the western PA crew can help with.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Double A Ron

I think this is great.  After our last event in February I decided to start training to be an instructor so we can hopefully keep the Appleseed Project going here in the Eastern Panhandle and surrounding areas.  I know we have others that have decided to step up as well.  Keep up the good work. 

O0

Bruce in WV

The membership meeting went well on the 17th and we have a general go-ahead to plan for future shoots.  Among other actions, the Conservation Committee Chair coordinated the movement of sponsoring the Appleseed Project to the Chair of the Small Bore Range (where we shoot). This is a great time to establish a long term plan and figure out how to make it happen.

It's the first time I've done something like this at the club, so I'll be learning as we go.  I figure that the best thing is to answer the hardest question right up front and establish some shoot dates that I can coordinate with our BoD and advertise to our members.  The calendar is filling up fast with activities that shut down all the ranges at the club for one whole day during the good weather weekends, making 2 day shoots very hard to schedule. For example, I know the dates we were discussing in April went to an archery woods-walk on Saturday before we could get AS scheduled, and there's a community kids fishing derby on our pond on a Saturday in July. (Our calendar is here: http://iwlawv.org/calendar.htm)

Is Brian going to remain the AS lead I should work with? He's run 3 great shoots at the club and won over the membership to supporting AS, but this is an additional duty to his MD functions. We really like him, but don't want to burn him out. What does AS-WV wish to do?

Bruce in WV

I haven't heard from anybody associated with AS-WV via PM or email, and there hasn't been a response here, so I will contact Brian and ask him to continue to support us. We really want to keep AS active in the EPH and will work with the MD folks and the staffs from nearby states. Keep your fingers crossed while we work out some more 2015 dates.