News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

July 4th Picnic

Started by 308LIBERTY, March 01, 2015, 06:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

308LIBERTY

How many people would be interested in a July 4th Instructor/Family/Invite-Only shoot and picnic. Ideally at a place we can shoot at least 100-200 yards, centrally located with running water, possible camping and allow us to shoot off fireworks.
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

ToneDef

Did you have a place in mind or is this a theoretical location? That is the greatest factor for me with a young'un.
"Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing." - Thomas Paine, Rights of Man, 1791

"There's the country of America, which you have to defend, but there's also the IDEA of America. America is more than just a country, it's an idea. An idea that's supposed to be contagious." - Bono

Palatka ten twelve "Smoakin' IBC"

Sly223

We had a great one at Myakka about Four yrs ago.!
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

smoakingun

does it have to have running water?
Is Rocky Creek up and running for shooters again?
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

PHenry

I could be so persuaded. Gene was very good to us at the last instructor BBQ - let us use the outdoor classroom and shoot for free on that range near Area 51 (not the latest one - one with concrete benches and cover - seems like it went out to 300?

:~ :~ :~
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

308LIBERTY

May not be exactly "Central" but it don't sound too bad. I've shot a CMP match on it and believe it does go out to at least 300.

Quote from: PHenry on March 09, 2015, 07:51:05 PM
I could be so persuaded. Gene was very good to us at the last instructor BBQ - let us use the outdoor classroom and shoot for free on that range near Area 51 (not the latest one - one with concrete benches and cover - seems like it went out to 300?

:~ :~ :~
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

PHenry

RCR is still a no fire zone. Chris needs investors so he can buy his own property back. If u know anyone with money to invest that shares his vision for RCR - send them to Chris.
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

smoakingun

Gwin Farm might be an option.
I still have backers and the range has permanent marks to 400 yards.
Maybe even Brian's AQT world series?
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

PHenry

At the recent RBC in Calera, the airstrip owners didn't want tire tracks on the field so we had to pack it in and pack it out. Further, Ramblinwreck had us shoot from 100 - 400 with sighters and then from 400 back - with no sighters. All in all, it was an interesting exercise I would like to repeat and The Gwinn Farm would be a great place to do it.

Sly223

I have been in contact with Chris baden at RCR He is hoping to have all issue resolved by late Fall! ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

Sly223

Let's get this fired up again we did one at Myakka four yrs ago. It was great gotta do another where?
..:..
Sly
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

Minutemom

My family would probably come if it was at Smoak's place.  Well, I say that without having asked my family, but hopefully we would all want to come  :)
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

alkeford

Someone say hyke, and get the ball rolling I have fireworks  :cool2:
Esse Quam Videri (To be rather than seem to be)
Powder With My Brother Ball Most Hero Like Doth Conquer All,
Tomet Nosce
The Suda, a tenth century encyclopedia of Greek Knowledge, says: "the proverb is applied to those whose boasts exceed what they are,"and that "know thyself" is a warning to pay no attention to the opinion of the multitude.

308LIBERTY

I'm not in a position to spearhead this. Besides not having the contacts, I may be in the process of moving this July. If someone wants to contact Gwin Farm and set something up, I'd be happy to lend what support I can. I also have a stack of new backers and full size AQT targets (centers). If we can't get something north of Tampa, where most of our instructor pool seems to live, I have no problem spending a day at Myakka even without fireworks. All my fireworks come in brass cartridges.

malabar

OK, if we need a place to do this, I'll offer Port Malabar rifle and Pistol Club in Palm Bay.  They have a picnic pavilion that will accommodate 100, onsite camping (with power hookups), an air-conditioned meeting room, and a bunch of ranges.

Can't do fireworks there, though, but there is a big professional display up the road.

tk

The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

smoakingun

OK. I will see if Gwin farm is available.
I need a head count ASAP. I need numbers. There is space for camping, but it is primitive, no running water, no facilities. a large space is available for a line, and 400 yards is available.
I need numbers to give to justin when I call him.

Thomas Jefferson

308LIBERTY

I'm in pretty much wherever we have it.

smoakingun

how many of you is in? Wife? Kids?

Thomas Jefferson

PHenry

Would this be a one-day event? What are we talking here? Gwinn farm is a slice of Heaven for sure, but also in Ocala Nat Forest - no fireworks allowed to my knowledge and basic common sense.

308LIBERTY

No kids and the wife has to work.

Sly223

This needs to move or die! ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

alkeford

Smoke give him the #'s for the last event there. attendees, campers, ect....then we can go from there, as there will be ad-ons and subtractions.

Im in and I believe Erick will be in town.  :cool2:
Esse Quam Videri (To be rather than seem to be)
Powder With My Brother Ball Most Hero Like Doth Conquer All,
Tomet Nosce
The Suda, a tenth century encyclopedia of Greek Knowledge, says: "the proverb is applied to those whose boasts exceed what they are,"and that "know thyself" is a warning to pay no attention to the opinion of the multitude.

PHenry

I feel the need for steel.  ^-^

TomM1Thumb

Sounds like fun, just let Me know where. and what to bring. I will bet that Smoak has the Ice covered.
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

Sly223

"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!