News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Virginia Beach, Virginia, February 21-22, 2015

Started by The Wolfhound, March 01, 2015, 12:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wolfhound

Questionable weather turned out much nicer than expected.  Only the intrepid came out to shoot.  It was a special weekend with Virginia getting a new Red Hat.  Congratulations to AMHLDO!  Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!  We had parity between instructor corps and shooters but the results were astounding with an 80% Rifleman!  3 New Riflemen and one repeater.  The crew included: Dangerous Cook, JL, AMHLDO, Monkey, Missus Monkey and The Wolfhound.  More later.

navybowhunter

Congratulations to AMHLDO,  Earned and deserved.  Proud of you brother!

AMHLDO

The Wolfhound

I need to do a bit of research, but Arianna may be Virginia's youngest Rifleman at 12.  We have had younger shooters (including Arianna some years ago) but I do not recall a younger Rifleman.  Huzzah!

BeSwift

You VA guys need to watch it with the 80% success rate, else I'll have to send the MD crew down to see what you're doin right!   ;D    Congrats AHMALDO! 
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

S_Two

Excellent recounting of the story of April 19, 1775!

S_Two

Enthusiasm runs high!

S_Two

Check out that center square!

S_Two

M1Garand on the Line

S_Two

Some really fine shooting by Missus Monkey...she shows just how good an M&P 15-22 can be!

S_Two

Our thanks to the dedicated volunteers of Project Appleseed, for excellent coaching and instruction!

S_Two

S_Two

Arianna, seated

S_Two

Appleseed smiles

The Wolfhound

Great pics, S_Two.  Many thanks to JL for bringing the Garand and supplying chow for it.  ^:)^  All the cadre got to show it some love.

Monkey

Quote from: The Wolfhound on March 01, 2015, 11:18:09 PM
Great pics, S_Two.  Many thanks to JL for bringing the Garand and supplying chow for it.  ^:)^  All the cadre got to show it some love.

Indeed - I had a blast.  Great shoot to cut my IIT teeth on!

Only problem now is that I got the bug for an M1 Garand...
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

navybowhunter

Monkey...."Problems?  We do not have to live with problems in this program"

Maybe it is an "opportunity"?  CMP Special my friend!

LOL

R/
Chris

Monkey

Quote from: navybowhunter on March 02, 2015, 03:38:18 PM
Monkey...."Problems?  We do not have to live with problems in this program"

Maybe it is an "opportunity"?  CMP Special my friend!

LOL

R/
Chris

You're right - it's an opportunity to live in your behemoth Fifth Wheel when Missus Monkey kicks me out of the house (after she puts the Garand in the safe  ;) )
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham