News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ramseur Feb.21-22, 2015

Started by Polonius, February 23, 2015, 06:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polonius

We had great hopes for a Winterseed with a chilly 18 degrees Saturday morning. The day warmed up nicely, dashing the prospect of a Winterseed.

The line was mostly new Appleseeders, with only two repeat shooters. Our group was thirsty for the history and marksmanship, so we opened up the fire hose! Thaddeus did an amazing job telling the three strike: great drama, concise stories, and gripping telling of the sacrifices made by our founders. Lawrence graced us with David Lamson and Mother Batherick. Lawrence was working on the range, but I couldn't let the shooters miss the opportunity of hearing Lawrence's rendition. Woo told his first DOM - here's a man who gets it.

We had a terrific group of shooters with teachable attitudes. Watching a shooter progress from not knowing how to hold a rifle to grouping well is what makes it all worthwhile.

One shooter earned Rifleman and took the orange hat. Welcome aboard John! 

Pain Killer

Sounds like a great weekend. It's great to hear how strong our new Instructors are becoming at telling the history. John, PM me with your full name and forum name when you have it so I can add you to our roster.

Thanks,
PK
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

Bohemond

I had a great time, and was on cloud 9 achieving my goal of getting the rifleman patch, after coming up short at my first Appleseed. Thanks to Polonius, Salty, Thaddeus, Cindy, Woo & all the other orange hats for all the quality instruction, and running an excellent shoot. I'm looking forward to getting involved. I already have 4 people committed to coming to the April seed. Including two who were at last weekends shoot, and want to take another shot at the AQT.

Ramblin' Wreck

Great work John. HUZZAH!

Just for the record, some of us love it when the prospects of a Winterseed are dashed.  ;D

Wreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown