News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Tallahassee, Fl. Isaac Davis Memorial Range 21-22 Feburary 2015

Started by Engineer shooting, February 23, 2015, 04:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer shooting

Hard to tell if it was an Appleseed or an IBC in progress, 7 of ten present were wearing RWVA hats. By the end of the weekend it was 8 of ten with one new rifleman!  A virtual sea of orange hats complimented by the staff of Lucky Lori and Sean Shoot Here.
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

boltin barefoot

Congrats to Bob for obtaining Rifleman at his first Appleseed! And good job Geni for your continued hard work and great improvement!
Always fun to be with the Tallahassee crew and I never fail to learn, thanks for a great weekend.

Lucky Lori

What a wonderful weekend. We had 3 sets of campers on the range all weekend. We had an enthusiastic group of shooters for a cold start sat. As the weather warmed and the coats shed all   progressed quickly.
   We shared lunch that  Jan  made (thank you) and stories Saturday. After a full day of  instruction and shooting  we had a shared potluck dinner,  students and instructors, around the fire Saturday  night  which included homemade soup, shrimp etouffee, rice,lima beans , salad, bread and more.  YUM
   Sunday the weather was much warmer and students started AQT's early and strong. Congratulations Bob on your rifleman score early. well done. Geni you were almost there and progressed a lot  in the two days.  Dry fire, practice, and come back again. I'm sure you will score next time.
   It was my pleasure to work with a fine bunch of instructors,  some who  came far to just to help out for  the weekend. Also one instructor who came and worked  after being sick all week.

CritterBob

This was a wonderful weekend. This was my first shoot and it was only through the hard work and patience of the instructors that I was able to get my rifleman patch on Sunday. It would have been easier if I could count! I got into Appleseed through my buddy Don. I cannot imagine a better run shoot or nicer people involved. We camped and had meals together and I met some very dedicated shooters and historians. Thank you for making it a great experience. I will be back!

PHenry

Quotehomemade soup, shrimp etouffee, rice,lima beans , salad, bread and more

Let's see - a Designated Appleseeds Range - purchased and built just to hold events,  a crack crew, and gourmet food???  Isn't that a bit over the top? I mean think of all the other AS venues around the country that don't have all of these assets. Just doesn't seem fair.  **)

Nothing worse than a weekend in woods, surrounded by great people, learning a time-honored skill and American tradition. I hate when that happens - even more when there is Shrimp Etoufee (with lots of hot sauce if I know Lucky Lori). I may have to come up there and help you get rid of some of that.  ^-^
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata