News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Smyrna Beach, FL Feb. 20-21, 2015

Started by 9mm4545, February 23, 2015, 11:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

9mm4545

Very small shoot but small is better than none. After a couple of days of very cold weather I expect that some of the cancellations were due to the thought of a weekend chill but, typical to Florida, the weather turned out to be beautiful and those that did not come missed out. With only three students there was a lot of one on one instruction. Two of the three were returning students who are still striving for perfection. Tyler, our young patriot, hung in there and moved a bit closer to Rifleman. Dry fire, done perfectly, will help you discover what NPOA really means and the next time there will be even more improvements. Steve, our only new student, started out gamely on a big boomer but made progress as equipment was tweaked and the lessons of Six Steps, NPOA, and Position were absorbed. Just remember to focus on the crosshairs, relax, and squeeeeeeze the trigger. Ten minutes a day of perfect practice is the prescription for improvement. Believe me, it will come. Dix, one of the stalwarts of the Florida program, hammered away with a couple of rifles and shot some very nice targets. But Dix, a foxhole is strictly optional.  :) Good to see you again my friend.

The range is 100% sand with nary a blade of grass to be seen so the rifles were given a stress test and malfunctions were not uncommon. But, at least it was dry sand...

I do look forward to seeing everyone again on Patriot's Day as we ring the bell of Liberty in New Smyrna Beach. Thanks to Neil, Tom, and Janet for some great help and professional instruction.

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

FLawyer

1. Sorry I missed the shoot.  First one at NSB I have missed in several years.
2. Not just the weather, but it was the Daytona 500 weekend and traffic in the area was very congested.

3.  Great article with photo from the shoot in today's Daytona Beach News Journal

Huzzah.
All men have been endowed by their Creator with the unalienable right to keep and bear arms.  All we have do is protect it.

Molon Labe!