News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Washington has a new State Coordinator (or two)

Started by George Hacker, February 23, 2015, 01:28:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Hacker

At the Battle Ground, Washington IBC, we had a business meeting at lunch. It was brought to our attention that Theophilus would be stepping down as State Coordinator, so we spent time discussing and deciding who would be taking his place.

First we decided if we would make the decision at the IBC, or defer it to a later date. Everyone in attendance agreed that we should make the decision now, while many of our Washington instructors were in the same room (this doesn't happen very often). Next, we asked for nominations to be made from the floor. First, Kimber Custom, one of our shoot bosses, was nominated. He lives in the Vancouver, Washington area, on the southern border of the state. Next, Fixer, an IIT with a lot of enthusiasm, was nominated. He lives in the Tacoma, Washington region, just south of Seattle. Nominations were closed and each candidate made a short speech to make the case for why they should have the job.

Secret ballots were distributed, votes were made, then the ballots were counted. Amazingly, we had a tie! What would we do to solve this dilemma? After some discussion someone proposed the idea of having them serve together. Kimber Custom brings a wealth of experience to the job, and Fixer brings enthusiasm and would like to help Appleseed grow in our largest population area, the Seattle metropolitan area.

Please join me in welcoming Kimber Custom and Fixer in their new roles as Washington State Coordinators. I'm sure they will be an outstanding team and they need our support to work on the mission in our state.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank Theophilus for his service. He stepped down because he moved out of state and he will be sorely missed!

George
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

colycat

I was so glad I didnt have a vote.

Congratulations to the state of Washington, as they won the election.  Two great guys working for one goal O0
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Prescott

Huzzah!

Thanks guys for stepping up and taking on this important role for Washington State.  You guys will do great in this role and I will give you any assistance you need. 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Snoplop

Ditto-
          Thank you Theophilus for your service.
          You will be missed!
"Then there are sheepdogs," he went on, "and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf."

LittleMo

Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont