News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Indiana has a new State Coordinator (or two)

Started by spitfire51, February 22, 2015, 08:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitfire51

It is my pleasure to announce that TJ Kackowski and Brian Heeter have agreed to take the responsibilities of the state coordinator position, albeit in committee form.  While details are being worked out, as of now TJ will be the #1 guy and Brian will be #1A.  They are taking on this task at one of the most challenging times we've had recently.  The good news is there are a lot of good things that can come out of this program.  In just the past week we've had three different ranges or organizations seek us out wanting to host shoots.  The potential is there for great things, but it will require us to continue our mindset of getting the job done despite the obstacles.

I ask that everyone join me in thanking TJ and Brian for being willing to take this on, and that you support them the same way you supported me and the past SCs.  Challenging days are ahead but with everyone's help Appleseed in Indiana will continue to flourish.

I wonder if their first order of business will be to make everyone use their real name as forum names...
"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on the character of the user" -Theodore Roosevelt

Rimshot

O0

And thanks Spitfire for your work running the State over the past few years.
"Hearing the story of our Heritage told with just dry facts is like hearing Romeo & Juliet through autopsy reports." - Fred

"In 1775, to protect Liberty a man had to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come die with me?"  In 2012, to protect Liberty a man has to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come vote/attend a public meeting/work at a poll with me?"  Jason Russell, and men and women like him, are the reason have a easier task in 2012. The question is, are we up to it?" - YHJ

Slow2Speak

Sounds like we got a plan. Thanks Spitfire and thanks to those steppin up.
After you posted you were steppin down Spit, two people came to mind for me as to who I thought should steer this rig.
I kid you all not it was Heeter and TJ not in a particular order though.

Lonestar6

President Reagan is quoted as saying 'There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit.' This is a valid observation, and a powerful tool.

Two Wolves

Thanks guys. You are very much appreciated. Regards, Two Wolves  :cool2:
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

AuntieBellum

Thank you TJ and Brian for stepping up. We're not an easy group to handle, but I trust you'll do well.   

Spitfire, thank you for your hard work in this position. I am especially grateful that you stepped up to take on the task, and your hard work is appreciated. Thank you!
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Stubborn Yankee

That is great news!  Thanks for taking on such a big assignment. ^:)^

ATM

Thanks for stepping up to the task, guys, I have complete faith in each of your character and abilities.

Also, my sincere appreciation and gratitude for the exceptional service of our past IN state coordinators: spitfire51, AuntieBellum, yellowhousejake, techres, and hawkhavn.

O0
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

DaveD

spitfire, thank you for a job well done and best wishes to you as you move on.   O0   Thanks to TJ and Brian for stepping up to fill the post.   :bow:

Dave
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

Hop

Thanks for what you've done Spitfire!  Hope to see you on the range sometime / somewhere.  Good luck to the new SCs!