News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Also on Feb 21 - Revolutionary War reenactors in Phoenix

Started by azmule, February 19, 2015, 08:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azmule

Busy day!  I just noticed that the "We Make History" folks are running this year's Phoenix Liberty Festival during the same day and practically the same time as the 2nd Amendment ride and rally at the capitol (see other thread).  This is a really informative event all about the Revolutionary War - life and attitudes of the times.  Tough choice between this and the rally, but if you've got kids, this may be your better bet.

Public Day Schedule for February 21st
  Adjustments are possible.
February 21st, 2015
11:00  Open to Public
11:30  Fashion Presentation at Fashion Tent
12:00  Medical Demo at Medical Tent
12:30  Battle
1:30  Fashion Presentation at Fashion Tent
2:00  Medical Demo at Medical Tent
2:30  Battle
3:30  Close
Ongoing Most of the Day: Wooden Musket Drill in Military Camps, Writing & Games at School Display

At Northwest Christian School, 16401 N. 43rd Ave., Phoenix.  More info and pics of previous festivals at http://www.americanlibertyfestival.com/
Talk is cheap because the supply exceeds the demand.

Do or do not - there is no "try."'  -Yoda

dreamerofdreams

any chance of getting a libertyseed squeezed in there?
"On one man's soul it hath broken,
A light that doth not depart;
And his look, or a word he hath spoken,
Wrought flame in another man's heart."

azmule

The way this groups events are run, it would be allowed only if I were prepared to present it first-person in costume and character as a participant or eyewitness of the day.  Some 18th century duds and a practiced first-person version of the story are on my list of tools to acquire, but certainly not by this weekend.

"Good morning.  I am [name?], [rank?] in the Training Band of Concord, Massachusetts.  As I am a survivor of the battle of April 19th, the beginning of our fight for independence, General Washington has requested that I appear before you today and report the events of that battle to the best of my recollection..."   :cool2:

dreamerofdreams

Heheh, I can do 2nd strike from Hannah's POV, but I don't have garb yet!

azmule

So are you two Nevadans yet or what?  Don't be shy about signing up for Kingman!   ~~:)   ..:..

dreamerofdreams

We are in Nevada now, but if you missed it, Chris has been put in "time out" and denied RWVA's insurance coverage, so it's unlikely that we will be signing up for Kingman for the foreseeable future.  Sorry!

azmule

That's too bad - yeah, I haven't definitively seen how any of the recent proposed upper management changes would have the claimed affect on the mission *I've* been focusing on, so I've been pretty much ignoring it all.  Too many balls in the air to keep track of as it is.

Nothing stopping you though, from coming out and shooting a little KD with us, right?   >:D