News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Teamwork, Cooperation, and Civility - An Experiment

Started by MeanStreaker, February 18, 2015, 11:41:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeanStreaker

Techres recently posted this picture, and a lot of good stuff came rushing back. 

Quote from: techres on February 17, 2015, 09:41:27 PM
Just to help with the memories:

This thread's purpose is only for Appleseed team pics and positive memories associated with them. - especially memories from your early and shiny days in the program... no matter if that was nine years ago... or nine weeks ago.

Looking forward to seeing what you can dig up.
-------------------------------------------------------

I think there were two rimfires out of ~80 shooters perched atop the dreaded, vertical Funfaler Mountain we had to hump at my first shoot.  ;D

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

Josey Wales

..Elbridge, NY April 19th shoot 2010..

..Genmain/B9/gunville/Josey Wales..
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

Josey Wales

..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

Taylor

O0
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Vinnie

Nero

"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

Vinnie

Quote from: Nero on February 18, 2015, 05:50:12 PM
That looks like bob 210 and my rear ends.

yep... it is a "what are we doing wrong" drill at the 12/12/12 Livermore, CA IBC

ITB

Our IBCs have been some of the best things we've done in Michigan.

2014:

2013:

And a real blast from the past, Ottawa, IL 2011

As Superheat likes to say, "The best people on earth."
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

Del

Fairly recent pics.

Miki

Techres and West in Michigan to help get us off the ground. >snif< :'(

Although the funny part is, we, the Michigan crew, (what there was of it at the time) were down at the range, got everything set up and still no Techres...so someone had the genius idea to call him. Lol...we woke up he and West who were up top napping in the parking lot.

scuzzy

Me, Bobby, Bullet, and Dan.

And a shoot in Midland way long ago.

BTW: Since this isn't an IAAR it'll be moved tomorrow. I think it's important that we remember some of what we are about. Regardless of National and the 'restrictions' Fred puts upon us. Funny how I've never felt restricted though.

And I hope like heck we see the techres, slim, and the rest back. They have not been fired.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

AFTERMATH

Who can tell me about this pic?  ^-^

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

dreamerofdreams

History talks by Armaborealis at the Georgia KD and South Carolina boarder raids North Carolina.
"On one man's soul it hath broken,
A light that doth not depart;
And his look, or a word he hath spoken,
Wrought flame in another man's heart."

Taylor

Please excuse my extended trip down memory lane but among all the Americans I have met in the 65 years God has blessed me with thus far APPLESEEDERS ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!...
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

DaveD

That first picture sure brings back memories from long ago.  Thanks MeanStreaker   :)

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

GoldFish

#memories
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

GoldFish

Athens, OH
31OCT-01NOV2010

My sister receiving her patch from Guy, one of the 3 men that directly got me involved in AS and helped open my eyes to the Mission; I know he has long since left the program, but on a certain level I will always honor and respect him.  This shoot still ranks up at the top of the list; I've worked dozens and dozens of shoots over the past 6 years, from coast to coast (literally), but this last shoot at the Athens, OH range is the best.

This guy.  The dude who gave me my hat to begin with.  Yep, pictures like this won't happen anymore because, well, I'm sure you've heard.

Keep the Faith.
---GF
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

George T

GF AND MS

Thanks for posting the pics of Athens.  Brings a tear of regret to my eyes.  Good times, good friends. 

God bless you all.

dirtdawg

Lots of rifles. Lots of "hats". Lots of fun.