News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bloomington, IL Feb. 14-15

Started by Wurstmacher, February 16, 2015, 06:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wurstmacher

Saturday morning met us with 20 degree temperatures and 20-30mph wind and Sunday greeted us with 2 degrees and 10mph wind.  But this did not discourage the 16 hardy Appleseeders from attending this weekend at the Central Illinois Precision Shooters range west of Bloomington, IL.  Oh, and by the way, its all indoors. This is the second time that Appleseed has visited this range that contains two separate bays that can handle 8 shooters each.  The range is 50 ft., so we used reduced size Redcoats, squares and AQT targets. 

Three Appleseeders achieved their Rifleman status on Sunday.  Congratulations Scott, Coleman and Tim.  Two others peaked out at 209 and a couple others were above 200.  There will be several other Appleseeds in central Illinois this year, so practice the lessons that we taught you last weekend and  bring the fruits of your Seventh Stepping with you to another shoot.  If you persist, then you too can achieve the status of Rifleman. 

We hope to have another Appleseed at the CIPS range during the hottest part of the summer.  Imagine, 90 degrees in the shade and you are learning the Six Steps of Firing a Shot in air conditioned comfort.

Thanks to OutaAmmo and PlentyofAmmo for acting as hosts this past weekend and making sure that we had plenty to eat for lunch each day.

Shooter 30-06 debuted his version of the Spirit of 1776.  Good job.

Thank you to all of the instructors that volunteered their time and knowledge this weekend.  I and the attendees appreciated it.

Please share your experiences and photos.

Wurstmacher

colycat

Sounds like a great venue for this time of year.  Good turn out too!  Kudos to the instructors for pulling off a 50 ft distance event. :)
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

AK

This is a great way to spend a weekend. A great facility for indoor Applseed. Congratulations to our new Riflemen: Tim, Scott, and Coleman. Here are their pictures. We had three young patriots who were there shooting the whole weekend. Congratulations to Morgan, Alyssa, and Grayson. ( The Appleseed artwork is Morgan's. )
I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood

"We here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain; that this nation shall have a new birth of freedom; and that this government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth." ~Abraham Lincoln

AK

Sorry, pictures didn't attach. Trying again
I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood

"We here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain; that this nation shall have a new birth of freedom; and that this government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth." ~Abraham Lincoln

Supersonic

Thanks everyone for teaching this great class!  I learned a lot and had a great time.  The history lesson was quite interesting,  and the shooting instruction was challenging but worth every penny.   Everyone did a great job.

New rifleman Tim

Supersonic

I have pictures to share but can't post them yet.

sku

Thanks all for the help with my kids. They had a good time.

They are now very excited about shooting. They were reciting the line commands to my wife and want to go again.

I am glad the number of quality instructors that were there. The observations and critiques of the instructors were very helpful. It is very obvious that the instructors enjoy watching people better their skills. It was also obvious the convictions that all have when it concerns our country's heritage.

The event was well organized and seemed to be the smoothest run Appleseed that I have been to.

My father-in-law was also very impressed with the instruction and history review. Now my mother-in-law also wants to come. Yay?

Thanks again. Your time is very much appreciated.