News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Great American Outdoor Show 2016

Started by slim, February 11, 2015, 07:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slim

PA Volunteers,

I'd assume most of you are familiar with the Great American Outdoor Show that draws close to 200,000 attendees each year. Several of you have probably even been to the show a time or two. It was suggested a few years back that we get a presence there at future shows but we haven't done so. I truly believe we'll be able to in 2016. 

I've been in contact with the NRA Recreation and Youth Sports rep in relation to the NRA Annual Meetings in Nashville. She said she almost called me to help with recruiting volunteers for the Outdoor Show going on right now and would definitely do so for the show in 2016.

As such, I'd say it's time to get a working group together to start talking about how to make this happen next year!

http://www.greatamericanoutdoorshow.org/

Charles McKinley

This was mentioned the year  the NRA took it over but nothing came of it.  There are no Volunteers I know of that are "Close" the Harrisburg. 

Hotel space in the area is at a premium even during much smaller events at the Farm Show Complex.

This is a LONG show.  The mid week staffing will probably be the hardest to cover.

Are you talking a booth or just being a massive volunteer presence for the NRA?  What is the booth cost?

I have friends in the area.  I'm in.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery