News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

It's been a long ammo drought....

Started by rdhood, February 11, 2015, 12:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdhood

It's been a long ammo drought (no .22lr for me in almost two years), but my backordered cases of minimags just came in... looking forward to a 'seed and shooting rifleman again this year. 

So here is a question:  I am overflowing with .22lr ammo now.  Any chance I could pay for a 'seed in bricks of ammo?

Roswell

The RWVA is going to require actual money. However, if you contact the shoot boss in charge of whatever event you want to go to they will more than likely work with you.  Meaning they may take your ammo and pay your way in exchange. This is something though that would be worked out between you and the Shoot Boss and would need to be agreed upon prior to the event. Any sort of bartering though is between you two and like I said, RWVA has to get their money.
Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23

rdhood

Fair enough.  I mean, I could flip it and make a huge profit, so coming up with cash is not the problem.  I just figured that there is someone out there who would go to a seed if they could find ammo... and this would be the best way to get it into their hands (i.e. I want someone learning to shoot who can't find ammo to get this).

Moylan

I'm assuming, since you're posting in the Georgia board, that you're from Georgia.  Is there a statewide firearms online discussion board that you're a member of?  We've got Carolina Shooter's Club here in NC.  There's Indiana Gun Owners in Indiana, etc.  Is there such a thing where you are?  If so, you can probably find some way to work a barter with someone.  You provide ammo for 3 or 4 guys who are planning to hit an event, they pay for your ticket.  Or whatever.  That's what I'd look to do.
The chief mark of the Declaration of Independence is the theory of equality.  It is the pure classic conception that no man must aspire to be anything more than a citizen, and that no man should endure to be anything less. 

--GK Chesterton

I believe in liberty very much as Jefferson did, allowing for the fact that a hundred years of history and experience have taught me to believe a little more than he did in original sin.

--also GK Chesterton

jmdavis

Talk to the shoot boss or state coordinator, I'm sure you can work something out.

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

George Hacker

Indeed. As a shoot boss, I would buy ammo at cost, then make it available to first-time, adult Appleseeders who come to my events and need it. Because of the generosity of Federal I have a few bricks available for youth shooters, but that doesn't help the first-time shooter adults who would like to attend an event.

Thank you for being willing to share. O0
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

AFTERMATH

Better yet, you don't want to go alone, right? 
You get some buddies to come along, tell 'em you've got the ammo covered but they can chip in to cover your trip expenses.

Gas, hotel, admission, etc...  You get an almost free weekend and a fun shared experience for all.
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Roswell

Quote from: AFTERMATH on February 11, 2015, 08:07:48 PM
Better yet, you don't want to go alone, right? 
You get some buddies to come along, tell 'em you've got the ammo covered but they can chip in to cover your trip expenses.

Gas, hotel, admission, etc...  You get an almost free weekend and a fun shared experience for all.
^^^Yes! What he said!
Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23

freedomzxcv

I'd be interested. But find a niece, nephew, or friend who's firearms curious and try to bring them to the light.
"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - CS Lewis