News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Marlin 795 LTR

Started by JerseyBowie, February 05, 2015, 11:37:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JerseyBowie

OK folks, Any idea on where I can find a LTR. Now that I'm going to an event I need to find one ASAP.

There doesn't seem to be any availability on these anywhere.
ed

You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas.
Davy Crockett

Big John

They were a limited run and are not currently for sale, I think. I believe they will be re-run.

You don't need a Marlin LTR 795 specifically to go to an Appleseed. You need a rifle. Sometimes, you don't even need a rifle if someone will loan you one. There are centerfires on the line, but mostly rimfires. Of those rimfires, the most popular are the Ruger 10/22 and the Marlin 795, the normal version.

I would recommend you source a detachable magazine fed 22 like a 10/22 or a 795 and do the following to it.

1. Buy a second magazine
2. Buy a GI 1 and 1/4 inch web loop sling and swivels for it and whatever miscellaneous hardware you need to make it work.
3. Buy a set of Tech Sights from the company of that name for the rifle and install them.

That will give you a slightly better version of the Marlin 795 LTR or its counterpart for not much more than one would have cost. The mag will be @15 bucks, the swivels and hardware @15, the sling @12, and the tech sights @60. MidwayUSA has all the sling hardware you need, and the tech sights come from the company itself.

The mag is essential, the sling is mandatory, the sights are merely a good idea. You could have a great time with stock sights.

JerseyBowie

Thank you for the quick reply. I didn't know about the limited run of the LTR. I'll get the 795 locally
and save on shipping, etc.
ed

Davy Crockett

Charles McKinley

If you have aDunham's near you they had a 795 with scope for $140.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

freedomzxcv

A design contest 10-22 would work if you can find one. It comes with sling swivels and peep sights, though the aperture is a little large for my taste. You would just need to add the sling and extra mags.
"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - CS Lewis

JerseyBowie

Thanks all, I've already pulled the trigger (pun intended) on a Marlin 795 from GoG.

This should work just fine & my girls will love plinking with this rifle. At least now I got a rifle I can afford to shoot
since my other Marlin is chambered in 35 Rem it just sits around collecting dust!!
ed

Davy Crockett

Uncle Davey

You meant squeeze the trigger.....right?  &)
Those who stay will be champions. Those who persist will be riflemen.

JerseyBowie

Yes, Uncle D. I meant squeezed the trigger.

Now I have to find a few extra "clips" for the gun! **)

I crack me up...
ed

Davy Crockett