News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

NW Rifleman Challenge!

Started by ItsanSKS, February 03, 2015, 06:48:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsanSKS

Prescott has issued a challenge to the OR instructors, offering to buy a tasty beverage for the highest AQT score amongst instructors in his state.  This challenge has inspired me to issue a challenge of my own:

The Instructor who shoots top Rifleman score in the NW region will receive a steel "D" silhouette from me. 

Rules:
Iron sights only
.30 cal rifle only
Surplus/commercial grade ammo only (no hand-loads or commercial match ammo)
25m AQT- all standard rules and time limits apply
Score must be witnessed by a Red Hat instructor (or higher)
Target must be shot during a scheduled Appleseed marksmanship clinic.
A picture of the target, rifle and ammo must accompany the entry.
Valid only for instructors who reside in the states of WA, OR, ID, MT, WY & AK.
Entries must be received not later than Dec. 15, 2015 (unless there is an event scheduled after December 15th, but before Jan 1.)

There must be at least 10 individual entries for contest to be valid.

Winner will receive (1) full size D silhouette, made from 3/8" AR500 steel.

For you whiners that don't have an iron-sighted .30 caliber rifle- you've got a whole year to buy one, and learn to shoot it.  I'd especially love to see an SKS take the top spot, but I might be biased.
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

Stuart McKim

Ah, bummer. My 235 from last weekend was witnessed only by IITs.
"Good positions mean good scores. Poor positions mean poor scores. It's as easy as that." - Rifle Marksmanship with the M1 Rifle (1943)