News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

NW Rifleman Challenge!

Started by ItsanSKS, February 03, 2015, 06:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsanSKS

Prescott has issued a challenge to the OR instructors, offering to buy a tasty beverage for the highest AQT score amongst instructors in his state.  This challenge has inspired me to issue a challenge of my own:

The Instructor who shoots top Rifleman score in the NW region will receive a steel "D" silhouette from me. 

Rules:
Iron sights only
.30 cal rifle only
Surplus/commercial grade ammo only (no hand-loads or commercial match ammo)
25m AQT- all standard rules and time limits apply
Score must be witnessed by a Red Hat instructor (or higher)
Target must be shot during a scheduled Appleseed marksmanship clinic.
A picture of the target, rifle and ammo must accompany the entry.
Valid only for instructors who reside in the states of WA, OR, ID, MT, WY & AK.
Entries must be received not later than Dec. 15, 2015 (unless there is an event scheduled after December 15th, but before Jan 1.)

There must be at least 10 individual entries for contest to be valid.

Winner will receive (1) full size D silhouette, made from 3/8" AR500 steel.

For you whiners that don't have an iron-sighted .30 caliber rifle- you've got a whole year to buy one, and learn to shoot it.  I'd especially love to see an SKS take the top spot, but I might be biased.
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

FourFans

This reeks of .50B prejudice,,lol

Respect always,
--FF
"should something happen,,tell the children of this night".
   --credited to Capt Parker, April 18th '75

22 A DAY

509gman

Ok, I now see the answer to the question I asked in the wrong state board (or was it regional?). I'll do me best. What restriction on ammo for the .39, Russian only? Or can I use all the help I can get ;) ?
"What! what! men, dodging this way for single bullets! What will you do when they open fire along the whole line? I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist-"
Last words of Union Gen. John Sedgwick, before he was killed by a Confederate sniper.

ItsanSKS

For the purposes of this challenge, 7.62x39 is considered a .30cal.   >:D
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

Oz

Quote from: ItsanSKS on February 04, 2015, 03:50:30 AM
For the purposes of this challenge, 7.62x39 is considered a .30cal.   >:D

**)O0
"You don't know they're all Riflemen.  They might just be people with rifles." - Zazzles, 9/22/12

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"There are no accidents in my philosophy. Every effect must have its cause. The past is the cause of the present, and the present will be the cause of the future." - Abraham Lincoln

"My biggest decision this week?  Well...long story short, I went with the mild sauce."

fisherdawg

Surplus .308? does that even exist? I guess I'll use commercial non-match.....

You pea shooters out there (you know .223) are welcome to use my M1 (a real rifle).
If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. (James Madison)

"Young man, what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."
(Captain Levi Preston, of the Danvers militia, at age 91, remembering the day)

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties, for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations.  Suffolk Resolves, September 9, 1774, attributed to Dr. Joseph Warren

509gman

Quote from: fisherdawg on February 13, 2015, 02:02:28 PM
Surplus .308? does that even exist? I guess I'll use commercial non-match.....

You pea shooters out there (you know .223) are welcome to use my M1 (a real rifle).

I thought the correct perjorative was "poodle shooter", a la Col. Cooper.
"What! what! men, dodging this way for single bullets! What will you do when they open fire along the whole line? I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist-"
Last words of Union Gen. John Sedgwick, before he was killed by a Confederate sniper.

gonejohnny

California sure is getting left of a lot of lists these last couple of weeks... Just saying.

But then again, I guess the shipping charges would be more... so I get it your logic.

(jab jab jab... all in good fun!)

- GoneJohnny

G_fresh

Well Johnny, I guess you shut this thread down!

Medicus

Clearly the .30 cal and optics restriction is out of fear that meself and ol' FDE Bess will take the prize  :cool2:
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." Samuel Adams

"Just relax in the sling; we're going to make fun of you." -Pete!

509gman

Put the carry handle and a .300 blackout upper on her and prove it.

Medicus

That's not a bad idea if anybody has one lying around.
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." Samuel Adams

"Just relax in the sling; we're going to make fun of you." -Pete!