News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

one of the best blogs on the net

Started by malabar, February 01, 2015, 08:42:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

malabar

This is from a blog called "Barking up the Wrong Tree."  It's among the best on the net because it deals with real techniques for dealing with daily life.  here's one everyone in Appleseed should read.  it's about how NOT to give up.

http://www.bakadesuyo.com/2015/01/grit/?utm_source=%22Barking+Up+The+Wrong+Tree%22+Weekly+Newsletter&utm_campaign=84ebf1c829-seal_02_01_2015&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_78d4c08a64-84ebf1c829-56636637

tk
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

Unbridled Liberty

Thanks malabar.  Very timely and helpful.

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Engineer shooting

If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther