News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Liberty Hats - an update

Started by hogfamily, January 28, 2015, 06:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfamily

An apology to those of you from the lower 48 that expressed an interest in my liberty hat project. It has become too complicated to help you obtain the hats. Track of the Wolf will only do a one time shipment of discounted hats to me in Alaska. I was hoping to get a discount code that would cover anyone from Appleseed to order the hats. It's not going to happen. The discount I am able to get per hat will not cover the cost of me shipping them to you in the lower 48 from Alaska.

If you want a hat you are on your own. Sorry.  :-[   http://www.trackofthewolf.com/List/Item.aspx/413/1

So...for those of you in Alaska...I am able to get three dollars off per hat. That will just about cover shipping and insurance cost to Alaska. I have to order at least a dozen to get that price. I do not yet know if I will be able to get a discount on the embroidery. The one that I did was $7.00 for RWVA on the front of the hat. Not sure what it will cost to get LIBERTY on the back. I am planning to try to find out soon.

I'm guessing the total cost on the hats, including embroidery on the front,, will be just under $27.00 per hat. (That is if we get 12 hats, three dollars more each if we don't order 12). Wally and I are going to try to get a discount on the embroidery.

So far I have, (Alaska),  folks that want a total of 11 hats. I need at least one more to get the discount.

This is going to be a one time deal for the discount. You have two weeks to let me know how many and what color(s). The last day being February 12th.

Again I'm sorry I am not able to do this for you folks in the lower 48.

If you have any questions please PM.

Thanks

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

"Move that fat ass Henry!"
"Don't swing your balls or you'll swamp the boat!"

Fixer

I'm willing to take up the baton for the lower 48.  Could you send me the contact info hogfamily?

If there is sufficient interest, presumably the same level as described above, I'm happy to help make it happen.

hogfamily

Thanks.

Email through here and follow up with a phone call.

https://www.trackofthewolf.com/Feedback.aspx

763-633-2500
Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

Pete!

Hogfamily,

I don't think that I said before; but put me down for one red hat.  Hopefully, it will be large enough to fit my giant melon.
-Pete

"It is an enormous simplification to speak of the American mind. Every American has his own mind." -Ludwig von Mises (Theory and History)
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein (The Moon is a Harsh Mistress)
"Those who are in love with practice without knowledge are like the sailor who gets into a ship without rudder or compass and who never can be certain [where] he is going. Practice must always be founded on sound theory." -Leonardo da Vinci (#19 Of the Mistakes made By Those Who Practice Without Knowledge)

Big John

Pete, I have solved my big head issues with RWVA headgear by ordering hats from bigheadcaps.com and then having the RWVA embroidered on them by a local shop. Got a couple red ball hats and a boonie for summer.

hogfamily

Wally and I were at the embroiders. The best they will do is $6.35 for RWVA on the front of the hats. It will be another $7.00 for LIBERTY on the back of the hat. If 12 or more want LIBERTY it will be $6.35 for LIBERTY on the back.

Here is how it will break down.

Hats  -  16.99 each (original price 19.99).

Shipping & insurance  -  $2.75 each.

Embroidery  -  $6.35 for RWVA on the front. $6.35 or $7.00 for LIBERTY on the back.

Total for each hat   -   Without LIBERTY  -  $26.09 
                                   With LIBERTY - $33.09 (maybe $32.44 if 12 or more want LIBERTY).

Getting Bill to do this  -  $Priceless.  O0

Now you will need to let me know on this post or by PM what color hat(s), how many, and if you want LIBERTY on the back.

Link to hat colors - http://www.trackofthewolf.com/List/Item.aspx/413/1

I will be ordering on February 13th. Get your order to me before then or you will have cold ears.

509gman

One orange, one red, no liberty.
"What! what! men, dodging this way for single bullets! What will you do when they open fire along the whole line? I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist-"
Last words of Union Gen. John Sedgwick, before he was killed by a Confederate sniper.

Pete!

One red, no liberty.  (There's a joke in that somewhere.)
-Pete

"It is an enormous simplification to speak of the American mind. Every American has his own mind." -Ludwig von Mises (Theory and History)
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein (The Moon is a Harsh Mistress)
"Those who are in love with practice without knowledge are like the sailor who gets into a ship without rudder or compass and who never can be certain [where] he is going. Practice must always be founded on sound theory." -Leonardo da Vinci (#19 Of the Mistakes made By Those Who Practice Without Knowledge)

Taka222

One Red, one green, no Liberty (until morale improves!) .....blame my Dad
PREPAREDNESS - "When you need it and don't have it, you will sing a different tune." Burt Gummer

FourFans

(..(one green)..,, Taka222)
You go girl.....

Respect always
--FF
"should something happen,,tell the children of this night".
   --credited to Capt Parker, April 18th '75

22 A DAY

hogfamily

Ok, Alaska Appleseeds, Liberty Hat order will be made in four days, (Feb 12th), last chance to get your order in or changed.   O0

hogfamily

Liberty Hat order has been made.

Final cost each will be $24.75 (without LIBERTY on the back).  $31.75 (with LIBERTY on the back). All hats will have RWVA on the front.

As soon as I receive them I will take them to be embroidered.

Just in case there are any concerns...this project has the blessing of Fred and ThePoet.

hogfamily

Hats were dropped off at the embroiderers today. Should be done in a few days. Wally will be picking them up. He will let you know when he has them and  when and where you can get them. He will also be collecting the money. (No cash no hat(s).

fisherdawg

If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. (James Madison)

"Young man, what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."
(Captain Levi Preston, of the Danvers militia, at age 91, remembering the day)

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties, for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations.  Suffolk Resolves, September 9, 1774, attributed to Dr. Joseph Warren

Taka222

Sweet! Directions for retrieval?
PREPAREDNESS - "When you need it and don't have it, you will sing a different tune." Burt Gummer

hogfamily

I will have the hats March 28th at Birchwood in the morning. Come get them! (Or you can let me know how to get your hat to you).