News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Oregon instructor re-qualification

Started by Prescott, January 26, 2015, 08:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prescott

We all know that marksmanship is a perishable skill, so I challenge all of the Oregon to attend an AS event in 2015 and re-qualify their Rifleman's scores.

Aladdin and I attended the event at DRRC this past weekend as participants so we could have a fun weekend filled with lots of quality trigger time.  I hate to admit how long it has been since I shot up a whole box of ammo in a weekend and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute.

I shot a couple rifleman scores and topped out at 231.   Aladdin shot four rifleman's scores and topped out at 218.

I hope the remainder of the Oregon instructor corp (and our close by step child instructors in SW Washington) take up this challenge and post their riflesman's scores on this thread.   At the end of the year, I will buy the shooter of the top score a beverage of their choice (unless it is my score, then you can all buy me a beverage  ^:)^ ).

Game ON!  :---
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Kimber Custom

I like Diet Coke. I look forward to collecting.

kenjo

"and our close by step child instructors in SW Washington" ??  &)

**)
"At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."  Abraham Lincoln

Mark Davis

Fixer

Does "SW" extend to Tacoma?  I can't speak for Earl but, if so, challenge accepted.

Prescott

Fixer, you are certainly welcome to participate in this challenge.   I am up in the Seattle area frequently, so it will be easy to coordinate the purchase of a beverage.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

ItsanSKS

(this will be cross-posted on the NW Regional Forum as well)

Prescott, I love what you've done here.  It has inspired me to issue a challenge of my own:

The Instructor who shoots top Rifleman score in the NW region will receive a steel "D" silhouette from me. 

Rules:
Iron sights only
.30 cal rifle only
Surplus/commercial grade ammo only (no hand-loads or commercial match ammo)
25m AQT- all standard rules and time limits apply
Score must be witnessed by a Red Hat instructor (or higher)
Target must be shot during a scheduled Appleseed marksmanship clinic.
A picture of the target, rifle and ammo must accompany the entry.
Valid only for instructors who reside in the states of WA, OR, ID, MT, WY & AK.
Entries must be received not later than Dec. 15, 2015 (unless there is an event scheduled after December 15th, but before Jan 1.)

There must be at least 10 individual entries for contest to be valid.

Winner will receive (1) full size D silhouette, made from 3/8" AR500 steel.

For you whiners that don't have an iron-sighted .30 caliber rifle- you've got a whole year to buy one, and learn to shoot it.  I'd especially love to see an SKS take the top spot, but I might be biased.   
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

Aladdin

Here comes the young buck posting the first score. At the Ariel shoot this weekend I shot a score of 233. Let the games begin. And take that dad!

Kimber Custom

Bar raised to 240

Fixer

Nice shooting, Ben!
I'll sling a few rounds at Coupeville, hopefully.  I can't open my yap and not post scores...

Prescott

The final AS event for the year was held last weekend at DRRC.    As the final bragging rights were on the table and there were plenty of instructors to work the event, I chose to be a participant and see if I could raise the bar on my AQT scores.

Sunday morning turned out to be a great day day for shooting.   Overcast, but the rain had not started yet and no wind.

My first AQT was under my high score for the year at 229.   This was a good warm up AQT.

After a little stretching, and a lousy stage 2, I was able to shoot perfect scores on stage 3 & 4 and posted a 239.   I person best, but still not the high score in the NW for the year.

Time to get serious and put the rounds were they count.   Stage 1 = 47, stage 2 = 49, stage 3 = 47, stage 4 = 49......For a grand total of 241!.

Now, Kimber Custom early posted that he shot a 240 earlier this year, but he now changed his story.  He  stated that as he re-scored that target at home (in the dark, all by himself, no witnesses to verify the scoring) that it was actually a 241.

Regardless of the actual outcome, this was a fun challenge and got the instructors in the NW to put in some quality trigger time this year.   I am up to repeating the challenge for 2016, but we may have to raise the stakes a bit to keep the game interesting.

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata