News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rainbow, CA January 24 &25, 2014

Started by StormN, January 26, 2015, 02:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StormN

Hi All, getting a start on posting pictures from this very successful event at L.E. Duncan's Rainbow Shooting Club in Rainbow, CA. We had a great group of shooters as well as a great crew. I will write up more thoughts in the next few days.
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson

jaycgriff

It was an excellent weekend in Rainbow, CA. We had a packed firing line, and plenty of instructor participation. As my first event in an orange hat, it was nice to see the incredible improvement from the first red coat targets to the last.

The wind and dust the first day was hard to cope with, and sometimes we felt like we were being sand blasted. There were a few dust related gun issues, mostly with sticky ammo clips, but everyone was patient and eager to learn.

Sadly, we didn't see any new rifleman scores, but there were some close ones within one or two good shots. I see a few reaching that goal next time with just a little more practice. Even those who weren't quite on target were putting up good groupings.

Personally, I was impressed with the skills of our two shooters with bolt action rifles. They were able to hang with the Rugers no problem. I think it forced one shooter to compensate by honing every other skill that much better. She managed to get every shot off during AQT's with good accuracy. Given a scope or a semi-auto, she would have scored rifleman for sure.

I look forward to next time!