News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Perspective on our IMC Instructions

Started by Corvette, January 25, 2015, 08:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WY_Not

Do it every fall in Wyoming, usually.  ;)  No benches, lots of terrain, lots of brush, usually lots of wind. Full disclosure... usually only a single shot, usually on a moving target, usually more like 200 to 300 yards. Sadly, the sling on that rifle is strictly for carrying, a little padding on the sling is needed when you are hiking backcountry like I did this year. Last few years have been single shot and it is down. This year I misjudged range or wind or something and didn't get a clean kill shot and had to track that dang pronghorn from one end of the ranch and back... on foot to take another shot.

Quote from: slim on January 26, 2015, 12:04:04 AM
How many of you have plopped down at 100yds and fired a 5-shot group rapid with no sling? I think you'll find it's a bit different than the precision shooting you're accustomed to. You might also find an 8moa group under those conditions more than acceptable.

Our curriculum is geared toward making precise shots from a sling supported field position. This video was not. What is important to note is this dude kept it simple, clear, and short. He achieved his purpose in under 5 minutes. That's definitely something we can take away.
Joseph
aka WY_Not (IIT3)