News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

IBC - Texas - March 2015

Started by scuzzy, January 19, 2015, 04:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

Ramblin Wreck from GA, one of the Senior instructors, has offered to put on an IBC.

We're looking at March 20-22 in Waco. Waco since it is centrally located.

We do need to see if there are enough instructors (or potential instructors) to make it worth his time to come down here from Georgia.

So who's up for an IBC?

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Weezer

MEMEMEME!!!   ^:)^   

Will already be there for the 4/21 event, so would be absolutely no problem to tack on a couple of days.   I'm sure the hubby would approve.   ;D

Would this take place during the Appleseed already scheduled?   Also, I usually stay with relatives in the area.   Should I plan to camp out at the range if we do an IBC?
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

"Texas Forever, Six!" --Tim Riggins

scuzzy

Quote from: Weezer on January 19, 2015, 04:19:22 PM
MEMEMEME!!!   ^:)^   

Will already be there for the 4/21 event, so would be absolutely no problem to tack on a couple of days.   I'm sure the hubby would approve.   ;D

Would this take place during the Appleseed already scheduled?   Also, I usually stay with relatives in the area.   Should I plan to camp out at the range if we do an IBC?

It's OK to camp or not. If we can pull this off most likely I'll be camping with many of the other instructors. Although I'll have to admit a nice soft bed beats camping. But that's up to you.

I've also got to get the OK from Kevin - he said it shouldn't be a problem but he still has to check with the board of directors for the Waco range.

Now let's see who we can get out.

PaleRider

I'd love to go, but I'll be at an Appleseed in Michigan that weekend. "The Canadian Invasion." :)
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8

floydf

Scuzzy,

When will we know about the range?

Floyd
"The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed — where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once."

Kozinski, dissent in Silveira v. Lockyer

Surveyor1653

Would be, but that's Spring Break for the kiddos = Family vacation time.
Essayons!

"Liberty — the freedom from unwarranted intrusion by government — is as easily lost through insistent nibbles by government officials who seek to do their jobs as by those whose sole purpose it is to oppress; the piranha can be as deadly as the shark." - Judge Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court

scuzzy

Quote from: floydf on January 19, 2015, 05:53:38 PM
Scuzzy,

When will we know about the range?

Floyd

Tomorrow morning. I was told it's 99% OK - but Gunner has to verify with the board.

Ramblin' Wreck

Hey y'all, Wreck here. FYI, here's the link to the AAR for the last IBC I ran in here locally.

Pelham 2014!

Hope we can pull this together.

Ramblin' Wreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

A-lister

I am seriously looking at going. Sounds like fun. Can I camp there and what will I need to bring? Never been to one.
We in America do not have government by the majority-we have government by the majority who participate......All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Two Wolves

I don't want to be the spoiler here but I have to mention that March 21/22 is one of our shoot dates in Fredericksburg.

Make your plans accordingly. Regards, Two Wolves--- :cool2:
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Mackey Morgan

I've never been to an IBC, before, so my interest is piqued. I'm not really sure what to expect. Are these described somewhere I can read about?

floydf

Quote from: Two Wolves on January 20, 2015, 12:47:41 AM
I don't want to be the spoiler here but I have to mention that March 21/22 is one of our shoot dates in Fredericksburg.

OK, so that weekend is out.  It wasn't on the schedule at the time.  Thanks for the heads up.
"The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed — where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once."

ItsanSKS

Quote from: b1rdd0g on January 20, 2015, 02:22:49 AM
I've never been to an IBC, before, so my interest is piqued. I'm not really sure what to expect. Are these described somewhere I can read about?

Please see The Instructor Pages: https://appleseedinfo.org/tips/faq.php#events04
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

Two Wolves

Quote from: floydf on January 20, 2015, 04:10:32 AM
Quote from: Two Wolves on January 20, 2015, 12:47:41 AM

OK, so that weekend is out.  It wasn't on the schedule at the time.  Thanks for the heads up.

Floyd, we have a Fredericksburg crew. But because this is a Texas event and we don't have our shoot schedule posted yet due to situations beyond my control, I thought it wise and polite to give a heads up to those to which it might matter. We'll be okay here. Don't change your plans on account of us. Please.
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Weezer

Quote from: scuzzy on January 19, 2015, 04:33:09 PM

It's OK to camp or not. If we can pull this off most likely I'll be camping with many of the other instructors. Although I'll have to admit a nice soft bed beats camping. But that's up to you.

I've also got to get the OK from Kevin - he said it shouldn't be a problem but he still has to check with the board of directors for the Waco range.

Now let's see who we can get out.

I have zero camping gear, but am happy to go buy a pup tent and a sleeping bag.  Darling husband reminded me that he'll have the minivan because he'll be home with the 3 young ones.   ;D     
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

"Texas Forever, Six!" --Tim Riggins

scuzzy

I've been informed that it's OK to hold the IBC at the range.

Now to see if we can get enough instructors together to make it worthwhile for Ramblin Wreck to come down.

Quote from: Weezer on January 20, 2015, 11:02:02 AM
I have zero camping gear, but am happy to go buy a pup tent and a sleeping bag.  Darling husband reminded me that he'll have the minivan because he'll be home with the 3 young ones.   ;D     

Some of us have just dropped a sleeping bag under the awning at the area we hold Appleseed. That way don't have to worry about setup/tear down of a tent. And protected from the elements.

floydf

Quote from: Two Wolves on January 20, 2015, 09:36:25 AM
Floyd, we have a Fredericksburg crew. But because this is a Texas event and we don't have our shoot schedule posted yet due to situations beyond my control, I thought it wise and polite to give a heads up to those to which it might matter. We'll be okay here. Don't change your plans on account of us. Please.

Rodger,

The only reason to have it in Waco is to find a location that is (more or less) equally inconvenient to both Central Texas crews and DFW crews.  If you all can't make it, really, Waco makes no sense.  Plus, you all have a ton of up and coming IITs.

How about weekend of April 11?  Otherwise I think we need to wait until we get more into summer.

Ramblin' Wreck

The weekend of April 11 is the NRA convention in Nashville and I have to be there. We're the home range.

Ben
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

Two Wolves

I reiterate, don't change your plans on account of us. PLEASEIf you can get attendees you should definitely go for it. As for me, I'll be at the Zombie shoot on April 11th. as will most of the instructors from Central Texas. Perhaps I'll see you there. Regards,  :cool2:

drip drop

Just weighing in here.  I think the IBC is a fantastic idea.  The FBG crew has rbwatson, who would definitely do well to attend, and hilltop who may be getting his RH that weekend if we still have a conflict in scheduling.  There are a couple more Orange Hats out there that work FBG on occasion, but I've not talked to them about schedules for their promotions.  Everyone else would be doing this purely for enrichment, including myself, if I am able to attend.

Best,

Ray

DingyDog

Hello Gentlemen,
I'd love to attend an IBC sometime but I'll be at the March Shoot here in Fredericksburg and am going to try and attend the Zombie shoot in April. Just waiting for the dust to settle. Thanks for the work you all are putting into this.

Gugisman

Regretfully, I've already purchased non-refundable airline tickets to another shooting event that weekend. Dang!

Hopefully, other IBC's will be scheduled this year...

Thank you for your efforts and for making the event possible.

The right to freedom is the gift of God Almighty....The rights of the Colonists as Christians may be best understood by reading, and carefully studying the institutes of the great Lawgiver and head of the Christian Church: which are to be found clearly written and promuligated in the New Testament.
― Samuel Adams

Ramblin' Wreck

If you can find a date that works just let me know. So far I'm only doing one non-KD event the rest of the year so my dance card isn't near full yet.  ;D

Wreck