News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

It's 2015 and it's great to be alive and living in Ohio!

Started by dirtdawg, January 16, 2015, 11:27:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirtdawg

Any Buckeyes in the house?

I don't know about y'all, but I am starting to get an itch that only a perfectly "C-shaped" trigger finger can scratch.  I keep looking at the Ohio schedule and see a few dates trickling in- OHIO SCHEDULE.

Hope to see you folks on the line!

slim

A little birdie sent me a PM yesterday and said several more dates will be on the schedule in the very near future.

Del

slim

topper

Have a signed host agreement for 2 shoots in Liberty Center. May 16/17 and Sept 19/20.

We'll need a shoot boss for the May event. Corvette has taken great care of us up to this point but he's scheduled elsewhere for this weekend.

topper

Oh, I need another promo kit with trifolds ect. Is that possible?

LindaFromAppleCreek

Fingers crossed that more dates open up on my weekends off. I am scheduled to work several of these.
aka Mustang380gal

Unbridled Liberty

Quote from: topper on January 19, 2015, 02:25:05 PM
Have a signed host agreement for 2 shoots in Liberty Center. May 16/17 and Sept 19/20.

We'll need a shoot boss for the May event. Corvette has taken great care of us up to this point but he's scheduled elsewhere for this weekend.

I was hoping this would be the year I could get up there, but no.  I've got shoots down here in Kentucky BOTH of those weekends.   :wb:  Maybe in 2016? 

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

topper

Linda and UL, I'd love to have either one of you up here. Maybe another time.

proneshooter

Just a suggestion....this:
QuoteOhio law has an unusual understanding of a "loaded" firearm in a vehicle.  If you have a loaded magazine or speed loader (stripper clips are exempt), in the same vehicle as an otherwise unloaded firearm, Ohio considers that firearm to be "loaded".  Therefore, make sure all mags are unloaded during transport.
hasn't been true for at least two years now.  I would suggest deleting that.

The relevant section of the law is ORC 2923.16 (5)
(a) "Unloaded" means

, with respect to a firearm other than a firearm described in division (K)(6) of this section, that no ammunition is in the firearm in question, no magazine or speed loader containing ammunition is inserted into the firearm in question , and one of the following applies:

(i) There is no ammunition in a magazine or speed loader that is in the vehicle in question and that may be used with the firearm in question.

(ii) Any magazine or speed loader that contains ammunition and that may be used with the firearm in question is stored in a compartment within the vehicle in question that cannot be accessed without leaving the vehicle or is stored in a container that provides complete and separate enclosure.

(b) For the purposes of division (K)(5)(a)(ii) of this section, a "container that provides complete and separate enclosure" includes, but is not limited to, any of the following:

(i) A package, box, or case with multiple compartments, as long as the loaded magazine or speed loader and the firearm in question either are in separate compartments within the package, box, or case, or, if they are in the same compartment, the magazine or speed loader is contained within a separate enclosure in that compartment that does not contain the firearm and that closes using a snap, button, buckle, zipper, hook and loop closing mechanism, or other fastener that must be opened to access the contents or the firearm is contained within a separate enclosure of that nature in that compartment that does not contain the magazine or speed loader;

(ii) A pocket or other enclosure on the person of the person in question that closes using a snap, button, buckle, zipper, hook and loop closing mechanism, or other fastener that must be opened to access the contents.

dirtdawg

Proneshooter-

Thanks for pointing that out.  I imagine that one day that will filter up to the top of the old to-do list.  Meanwhile, we have 19 events scheduled in Ohio that need promotions, logistics, and staffing.

Can we get a virtual muster put together?  Who's in? 

Charles McKinley

I and I'm sure the rest of the Western PA crew will be helping in the eastern part of OH.

TUSCO posted yet?  Nothing the last I looked.

Chuck
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Del

dirtdawg

Can I just state, for the record, that Corvette is an awesome asset to the Project? Would that be way out of line?

topper

Cadence

"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

Corvette

Gosh guys, thanks for the nice words. And all I can say is "right back at ya", it is a real pleasure to work with each and every one of you.

We are less than three weeks from our first shoot and two months away from "murderous May". I hope to see each and every one of you on the trail this year at a shoot.  We will need your help to get them done.   Huzzah.

See you all soon.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

CornfedinOhio

I just Blue hatted a shoot in Michigan. It's good to see other folks with the same drive and pride we have in Ohio. i hope to be around for a coup,e Ohio shoots this year.

I am also very proud to be in Ohio!

Del

Welcome to the team. Thanks for stepping up and I look ford to seeing you on the trail.