News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Shooting Range in Palm Beach County, FL

Started by Mango, January 15, 2015, 11:16:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mango

Palm Beach County is building a shooting range, which will be under Florida Fish &  Wildlife.

http://myfwc.com/hunting/safety-education/shooting-ranges/

Facility Features
Following projected for completion in 2015
300 Yard Rifle - 6 Positions
200 Yard Rifle - 20 Positions
100 Yard Rifle - 20 Positions
25/50 Yard Pistol - 21 Positions
50 Foot Pistol - 21 Positions
Pro-Shop

Following projected for completion in 2016
Trap/Skeet Fields - 10
International Trap - 1
Sporting Clays - 15 Stations
5-Stand Sporting Clays
"When the Government fears the people, there is liberty.  When the people fear the Government, there is tyranny."  - - Thomas Jefferson

stoneknives

This is the plan for the new range.
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry

9mm4545

Is there anyone in the area that could see if an Appleseed might be possible there? In general, ranges associated with .gov have not been especially good for AS because of the need for us to have exclusive control over the range we are on but you never know unless you ask. There would be a free ticket in it for the chief range officer so that they could come to one of our shoots and see what we are about.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

Mango

Bruce, the range isn't built yet...it is supposed to cost $3.2 million and cover 150 acres. 

My understanding is the range will be administered by the State of Florida, in particular Florida Fish & Wildlife, which I believe is under the Department of Agriculture.  If you know anyone in the Dept of Agriculture, that may help.

The administrator for this range is supposed to be Lynne Hawk (561) 625-5122.

I doubt they will hand over the entire range to AS for two days.  It might be an easier goal to try to get one of the ranges with 30 or 42 shooter ranges.
"When the Government fears the people, there is liberty.  When the people fear the Government, there is tyranny."  - - Thomas Jefferson