News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

SACRAMENTO JANUARY 10-11, 2015

Started by NorCal22Gal, January 13, 2015, 05:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

Sacramento in January....usually cold, sometimes wet...
Jan 10-11...sunny, cool, clear...60's

Perfect for a "honey do" list weekend for most...but for Elliott, Brian and Jeremy it was a weekend to come out and perfect their shooting skills and hear some stories.

Saturday started as usual with a safety briefing, then, Red Coats, then the fire hose was turned on.  These three showed early that they were absorbing what we were teaching.

Lunch break and the ladies told the strikes with eaglescouter setting the stage for us.  Melissa told a wonderful First Strike, I followed with the Second Strike and Ducky finished us up with a wonderful Third Strike.

Back to the firing line, a bit more instruction, then, on to the AQT's.  Elliott showed us that he knew very well what he was about...a 219 then followed it up with a 229. 

We ended with the Red Coat and a bit of converstation.

Sunday we reviewed the safety and the teaching from Saturday.  These guys were dialed in...The concentration was intense out there. 

A break for lunch and the Dangerous Old Men, told by eaglescouter, Neve and Scoutcamper, & Dangerous Dames told by Ducky, myself and Melissa reminded everyone that one person can make a difference.

Elliot switched rifles and spent some time getting sighted in. 

Jeremy & Brian were working on getting themselves on track.

3 AQT's later and Brian posted a 218 followed by a 222.

Unfortunately, Jeremy had to leave early, but promised to come back and get his rifleman.

Brian also cleared both Red Coats on Sunday.  Awesome!!!

Great job to all of you!!
Hope to see you all again soon, with friends and family!!!

Thanks to my instructors who as usual did an outstanding job.

Your instructors and their forum names:

Laurie      NorCal22Gal  Shoot Boss
Joe      eaglescouter
Mike      Neve
Melissa      Melissa
Matthew   Scoutcamper
Linda      Ducky
TC      Viperrt1
Hans      Libertarian777

WinterRider

Hey a quick shout out to some awesome instructors out there on Saturday and Sunday. I was very happy to shoot rifleman on Saturday and I'm looking forward to the honing my skills between now and  the next shoot. But my big takeaway from the weekend was the passionate message that came from some people who VERY much know what they are about. Some guys and gals who traveled out of their way and spent the weekend teaching the heritage and history of common people during the birth  this country. The sprite of courage in one heart is meaningful, the sprite of courage in many is what made this nation.

Thank you Laurie, Ducky, Joe, Mike, Melissa, TC, Hans and Matt.

I'm looking forward to doing my part.

NorCal22Gal

It was great to have you out and Congrats on the Rifleman scores. 

Look forward to seeing you and friends on the line again soon.

Neve

Another great Appleseed weekend made possibly by the high caliber of people that made it out to the range, shooters and instructors alike! It was a pleasure meeting you shooters this weekend, thank you SO much for coming out and a big congratulations to our new Riflemen; Elliot and Brian! Also a big thanks to all the instructors that make these events possible and to Joe and Laurie for making the trip down. We couldn't have done it without you. I hope to see you all very soon and thanks again to everyone who attended this event for making it another great one!

Mike

Vinnie

Wish I could have been there!  :)

Here are pics from Ducky:

~Vinnie