News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

KD at Dallas (Big Boar)?

Started by Roger Filer, January 12, 2015, 03:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Filer

I've attended a couple of Fort Worth 25-meter events and would like to try KD.  Are all the Big Boar events KD or just the two-day?

How does it work there - 25 meter in the morning and KD in the afternoon?  Or 25 on Saturday and longer on Sunday?

Thanks.

floydf

Quote from: Roger Filer on January 12, 2015, 03:18:30 PM
I've attended a couple of Fort Worth 25-meter events and would like to try KD.  Are all the Big Boar events KD or just the two-day?

How does it work there - 25 meter in the morning and KD in the afternoon?  Or 25 on Saturday and longer on Sunday?

Thanks.

We are just now pulling the 2015 schedule together for DFW.

It looks likely that we will not be able to run KD events at Big Boar because they dumped a big old bunch of fill dirt right in the middle of where we were shooting the 400 yard stage, so we are working on some options.  So far there are two, and I'm pretty confident that we'll get some on the schedule for 2015.

The way we run KD events in DFW is as a straight up qualifier.  It's an 85 round course of fire: there are 5 sighters at 300, then two back to back KD AQTs.  I'm attaching our score sheet. Normally takes about three to four hours to run, and we do things the old fashioned way, so there's lots of walking from the firing line down to the target line to find out where the holes went. 

I expect to schedule a couple of KD clinics, which will be at 25, and will be aimed at non-Appleseed instructors getting them up to speed and ready to shoot KD.  The key things we cover is the distance trajectory, lots of drill on the IMC math, lots of drill on sight adjustment, and make sure folks are shooting within six MOA using the rifle they expect to take out to distance.  Probably will be around 100 rounds, and a single day.

There will be a range fee for both, but I expect that we'll set both of these up so that the range fee is all you need to pay.  So no separate RWVA fee.

Best way to keep track will be via the Appleseed/Texas Facebook page, where things will be posted (we'll post them here too, but via Facebook they show up in your news feed as soon as they are on-line).

https://www.facebook.com/AppleseedTexas

Floyd Ferguson
"The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed — where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once."

Kozinski, dissent in Silveira v. Lockyer

Roger Filer

Thanks - I'll keep an eye out for it.