News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Afton, Oklahoma Excalibur Sporting Goods

Started by TomCat, January 12, 2015, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomCat

Freezing temps both days made this a Winterseed to remember for shooters and instructors alike, but all persisted and bonded.
Motto of Oklahoma:  Labor Omnia Vincit-  "Hard work conquers all."

TomCat

Only three shooters chose to come, but they were good'ns.  I am proud to be associated with Robert, Ken, and Kirk.

TomCat

The ice never began to thaw all weekend. Thanks also to Sks marksman and Rinkrat for helping to instruct.

TomCat

Ken and his son are now adopted Okies.  Robert persisted all weekend with tech sights and numb fingers.

TomCat

The idea behind this photo  (Roberts idea)  is that it's actually sweltering outside, and Anthony is the only one under the illusion that it's freezing outside.  (We quickly got our coats back on) Anthony scored a 226 on an AQT under definite "winter-like" conditions.  Anthony has earned all 3 Rifleman  patches.

henschman

Props to everybody for sticking with it.  That was a cold weekend!

LMAO at that last pic!!!  Good job Anthony.  Though I didn't make that shoot, I was out in the weather all day Saturday too down in Pawnee.  I'd say the Winterseed patch is well deserved.  What rifle did you shoot it with?

See y'all at the Run 'n Gun.
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

SKSRifleman

We had a great weekend with three persistent shooters who braved the cold in NE Oklahoma. Glad to see that there are some people left in this country who are willing to get out of the comfort of their warm homes and come and learn rifle marksmanship and the story of our heritage. We were all bundled up with coats, scarves, gloves and hats (up until the last group picture of us  ;D, that picture cracks me up every time I see it). Thanks Mike and Tomcat for your help on the line, and thank you Excalibur for once again lending your facilities to us.

I shot the AQT with my M1A. Feels good to know that I can get a decent score in any weather with my main battle rifle. Anyways, I had an awesome weekend. See you all this weekend for some more fun  :---
The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves; whether they are to have any property they can call their own; whether their Houses, and Farms, are to be pillaged and destroyed, and they consigned to a State of Wretchedness from which no human efforts will probably deliver them." - George Washington - July 2, 1776

"Like it or not, everything is changing. The result will be the most wonderful experience in the history of man or the most horrible enslavement that you can imagine. Be active or abdicate, the future is in your hands." - William Cooper