News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Interesting conversation about Cincinnati yesterday

Started by AAOptics, January 07, 2015, 12:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AAOptics

My niece lives in Loveland, and there was a subdivision to go into some farm ground by her place.  She was saying it was denied because Morgan's raiders camped on the ground.

Uncle Davey

Must be talking about John Hunt Morgan, CSA. Ironically I meet a Pitt driver every day about 200 miles from there and there is a plaque erected to...yes, Mr. Morgan and his Rebel cavalry. That dude got around. He raided in Jackson Co. over where Rayne is located.
Those who stay will be champions. Those who persist will be riflemen.

AAOptics

I knew he went through the area, I guess Im kind of impressed that a large enough percentage of the population are familiar with it to stop zoning.

Uncle Davey

Unbridled Liberty

JH Morgan was from Lexington KY and he kicked some Yankee butt.  He was known as "the Thunderbolt of the Confederacy".

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

EZ3

W. T. Sherman was from Ohio...... 'nuff said!      >:D
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

SPQR

Quote from: Unbridled Liberty on January 07, 2015, 03:07:20 PM
JH Morgan was from Lexington KY and he kicked some Yankee butt.  He was known as "the Thunderbolt of the Confederacy".

UL

How'd that work out for him?
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Uncle Davey

Him and Jeb Stuart both UL. The South definitely had some more than able military officers and commaders.

slim

I read a quote recently where Lincoln (who invented quotes on the internet) asked one of his generals, "How is it that you went with 1,000 men and took Mexico City yet now have 5,000 men and can't take Richmond?" The general responded, "Those same men are defending Richmond."

Instructor Promotions

Unbridled Liberty

Quote from: SPQR on January 07, 2015, 03:29:18 PM
Quote from: Unbridled Liberty on January 07, 2015, 03:07:20 PM

UL

How'd that work out for him?

About as well as things worked out for Dr. Warren, my friend.

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Uncle Davey

*sigh* yes and Jeb took a bullet in the stomach from a Yankee trooper at Yellow Tavern that done him in.

slim

I snapped this pic on Friday all the way over on the west side of the county. This spot is about five miles from Indiana and about 25 from Loveland, OH.