News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Unknown Distance Clinic (Instructor Only)

Started by slim, January 06, 2015, 02:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slim

On January 31st there will be a 1-day Unknown Distance Clinic near Richmond, Indiana.

This event will focus on "the other skills" we talk about during our KD lecture yet seldom get to practice in the field. Items like Target Detection/Identification and Range Estimation will be our primary objectives. Secondary objectives will be evaluating terrain to find a suitable "Rifleman's Nest" and preparing a Range Card.

The grand finale will be shattering the myth that precision shooting off a rest or over a barricade is somehow superior to using the GI web sling. We're going to PROVE those things are about firing A shot. The sling is about rapidly firing multiple shots on multiple targets at varying distances. In other words, the sling is about firepower!  :---

Round count will be less than 100rds and items like your front sight, optics (with or without parallax adjustment) and/or binoculars, spotting scopes, range finders, wind meters, your dope book & pencil, UNscientific calculator, etc. will be more important than ammo. This event will be more about researching, acquiring, practicing and testing cognitive Rifleman skills than shooting.

LIGHT AND FAST! This will be a field event.
We will be in the field all day. Expect to show up, gather your field kit and hump it on foot the rest of the day. In true Hoosier tradition, there will be no strollers, baby carriages, wagons, carts, etc., allowed. Ruck up and move out. Expect to sit and lay on the ground and not have a warm-up break all day long. Bring as much (or as little) food, water and clothing as you need. Cold/Foul weather gear is a must. This event will test your mettle maybe even moreso than your prowess as a shooter. With luck, the Big Rifleman in the Sky will bless us with a snowstorm!

Anyone signed up on the link will get a PM from me a couple days before the event with final instructions. If you have any questions or suggestions please PM with those as well. Hope to see you soon. In the mean time... find your warm socks!
-:)

This is an Instructor-only event. Link - https://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-location.php?locationid=382&showall=yes

Unbridled Liberty

Slim- thanks for taking this on.  I would not miss this for anything.

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

slim

boadicea

skywalker

LindaFromAppleCreek

Seriously considering this. Have to dig out my wool clothing.

Slim, I sent you a PM.
aka Mustang380gal

Del

LindaFromAppleCreek

I'm in!

This will be way above my comfort level, as far as Rifleman skills go, so it will be good.
aka Mustang380gal

slim

Still have room for 20 more attendees.

This is going to be unlike any Appleseed event you've ever done. Don't miss this opportunity to test yourself - and your skills! - in the field for an entire January day. Learn the skills of field marksmanship!

DGMilty

Hmmm. Might be an opportunity to escape for a day!  Will definitely check my schedule!
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.   -Thomas Jefferson

slim

Quote from: DGMilty on January 23, 2015, 10:33:22 PM
Hmmm. Might be an opportunity to escape for a day!  Will definitely check my schedule!
It would be awesome to have you out there, brotha. We miss you, man!

DGMilty

All signed up!

Waiting to hear from my awesome son FingerTip!  Sure he's i.interested!
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.   -Thomas Jefferson

Hop

DGMilty

FingerTip has a POWERLIFTING meet that day.  Sorry, slim!  Just me!

slim

Powerlifting?

He could just carry an M-1 all day.