News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sevierville, TN Wears Valley Ranch Jan 2-3, 2015

Started by CokeGuy, January 05, 2015, 12:22:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CokeGuy

We may have the honors for the first Appleseed in the nation in 2015! Timing may have been a little handicap in not having more on the line, but we "got it done!"
Shot 2 AQTs on Friday and 8 more on Saturday.
Our Friday/Saturday event drew 11 shooters, including 2 IIT's who shot a few stages. The weather was cool, but mostly damp, with frequent drizzle during the event. However, enthusiasm was strong and, with the covered platform and indoor classroom at Wears Valley Ranch, everyone displayed a very favorable teachable attitude.

Because we had 8 instructors, we were able to provide more than normal individual attention, which yielded results as the event progressed. Regulator served as LB in the morning, and Brianmac (IIT0) did an outstanding job at his first opportunity to LB in the afternoon. MamaBear and Cossac honed their LB skills on Saturday...well done and thanks. All of the instructors and the participants made my SBiT3 event both a lot of fun and successful....thanks to all. Special thanks to Spartan (SB) for his willingness to take on a ton of instruction in an entertaining but thorough fashion.

Josh H requalified (again) with a 245 on Friday after shooting "cloverleaf" 3's on the Red Coat. Can hardly wait for that orange hat request from you, Josh. Shooters continued to improve dramatically all during Friday. Then, on Saturday, Will M. got his Rifleman patch with a 210, and took a dousing with cold water in good spirits. Not long after, Stephen W. shot a 213 at this, his first Appleseed. Well done, Stephen! Stephen's brother, Preston W., continued to apply the 6 Steps and improve, but was just short of a Rifleman's score. Preston reports on January 12th for Marine Officer Candidate School....our best wishes are with you, Preston. Twelve year old Jack M. continued to improve at this Appleseed. Jack was able to place excellent shots with smooth mag changes in the time allowed for AQT Stages 2 & 3, until the borrowed rifle (mine) began to jam frequently. Sorry, Jack...I know you will do very well next time with a functional rifle. Your tenacity and persistence will prevail.  David C. carefully avoided helping his neighbor, Josh, at this event (Josh shot in the 270's last time with David's help.) David, we love you, and you will succeed.

Although we did not end with the normal Benediction on Saturday, we covered all the required topics during the instruction and lunch presentations. Seventh Stepping was especially emphasized throughout the two days, and the passion of the instructors, especially Spartan, clearly fanned the flames of Liberty in the hearts and minds of everyone, instructors included!

Hardbean

Ramblin' Wreck

Congratulations to the Tennessee Valley's newest Shoot Boss, CokeGuy. Way to go.  Sounds like y'all had a great time at one of the nicest 25 meter venues in the program. I'm looking forward to coming up that way later this year.

Wreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

GTEngineer

Quote from: Ramblin' Wreck on January 07, 2015, 04:17:13 PM
Congratulations to the Tennessee Valley's newest Shoot Boss, CokeGuy. Way to go.  Sounds like y'all had a great time at one of the nicest 25 meter venues in the program. I'm looking forward to coming up that way later this year.

Wreck

Congratulations CokeGuy on the green hat! O0 O0
"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might;..."
Ecclesiastes 9:10

1st Appleseed: Nov 16/17, 2013. Gurley, AL
2nd Appleseed IIT0: April 19, 2014.  Rising Fawn, GA

KD:
May 24/25, 2015. Manchester TN

RFKD:
Aug 20/21, 2022. Bothell WA

Requal:
Sept 30, 2017 Custer, WA
Feb 9, 2020 Redmond, WA
Apr 11, 2021 Redmond WA

Pistoleer™:
Nov 23, 2019 Eagle Creek, OR

Pistoleer™ requal:
May 22, 2021 Parma, ID
Mar 12, 2023 Redmond, WA

NRA Rifle Instructor

Hardbean

:pics:For whatever reason, I couldn't edit my previous comment.   :-[

I found out about Wears Valley Ranch after shooting a KD with Cokeguy.  WVR is only 45 minutes from my house and I was thrilled to know I had an Appleseed location close to home!

Hopefully, my work position will change in the near future which will allow me the weekends needed to commit to Appleseed.  Then I'll add an orange hat (that doesn't have a "Power T" on it) to my collection soon.  I love this program.  Not only for the rifleman skills it teaches, but the rejuvination of American values and the lessons of its heritage.  If only I had been exposed to this material at a younger age!

I look forrward to seeing Cokeguy with a green hat.  He is a great leader and I think he'll make a fine Shoot Boss!

I also anxiously await the awarding of a Riflemans's badge to my good buddy TNChaplain!   You're so close, keep chopping wood! 

Finally, a big thanks to SureShotSpartan for leading the way for a great weekend.  Due to scheduling (needed to spend some time with the better half) I was only able to attend on Friday.  But, I caught a great comentary from Spartan on the closing of Friday's events.  He would make the Founding Fathers proud!

See you folks next time!

I've shot with Will and Jack twice now and it thrills me that Will earned his badge.  Both brothers are hard working and I know Will is going to earn his patch very soon, too!

SureShotSpartan

Well, what can be added to such fine reporting of our weekend!? Congratulations to all that attended, students and Instructors alike! Your willingness to join the line while THOUSANDS of sleeping Americans were scouring the outlet malls and shops in the nearby tourist areas of Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg warms my soul. For that I thank you!

Wears Valley Ranch is an amazing place and the Smokies are like home to me. A special thanks to BrianMc and Coke Guy for all you've done and will do to make this a "destination" range.

See you on the line!

S3
Bowman 7-13
Pelham 2-14
Calera 1-15
Pelham 2-19

"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. " -Samuel Adams

TN.Chaplain

Mama Bear and I had a great time at Wears Valley.  Cokeguy always puts on a top notch shoot.  We have only been a part of Appleseed a short while, but in that time we have seen substantial growth in Eastern Tennessee.  The Appleseed family is growing and the growth is a good growth.  Good people are stepping up and carrying the water.  Proud to be a part!
Patriot = An Everyday American That Has Had Enough!

Regulator

RBC Ramseur 2/13
IBC Pelham, TN 2/14
RBC Ramseur 3/14 (Re-qualified w/ 224)
KD Qualified Pelham, TN 12/14
RBC Calera, AL 1/15
KD re-qualified 1/16

Regulator

BrianMac did a great job telling the 1st Strike!

RBC Ramseur 2/13
IBC Pelham, TN 2/14
RBC Calera, AL 1/15
KD re-qualified 1/16

Regulator

RBC Ramseur 2/13
IBC Pelham, TN 2/14
RBC Calera, AL 1/15
KD re-qualified 1/16

Regulator

RBC Ramseur 2/13
IBC Pelham, TN 2/14
RBC Calera, AL 1/15
KD re-qualified 1/16

Regulator

Coke Guy handing out Luther Blanchard patches to the young shooters.

RBC Ramseur 2/13
IBC Pelham, TN 2/14
RBC Calera, AL 1/15
KD re-qualified 1/16

Regulator

Coke Guy completed his 3rd SBIT event and received his Shoot Boss hat from Sureshot Spartan. Congratulations Coke Guy! Huzzah!

RBC Ramseur 2/13
IBC Pelham, TN 2/14
RBC Calera, AL 1/15
KD re-qualified 1/16

Regulator

RBC Ramseur 2/13
IBC Pelham, TN 2/14
RBC Calera, AL 1/15
KD re-qualified 1/16

Regulator

A very pleased Will receiving his Rifleman patch and a little North Bridge water!  ;D

RBC Ramseur 2/13
IBC Pelham, TN 2/14
RBC Calera, AL 1/15
KD re-qualified 1/16

Regulator

Stephen and Preston provided a little sibling rivalry on the line. Stephen finally prevailed and shot a 213! Huzzah!

RBC Ramseur 2/13
IBC Pelham, TN 2/14
RBC Calera, AL 1/15
KD re-qualified 1/16

Mama-Bear

Congratulations to Coke Guy on his promotion to Shoot Boss!  We had a great time at the Wears Valley shoot, and look forward to many more.   ..:..

Chris22

Josh H, I keep expecting to log on here and see that you shot 250.  Keep at it!

Congratulations Will on earning the patch!

Congratulations Coke Guy on the green hat!  Unbridled Liberty told us on Saturday that you had received it.     

You guys have such a beautiful range!  We just shot our second Appleseed at Bud's in Lexington and had a great time.  We did miss seeing you guys though!