News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

KD Appleseed

Started by BillP_556, January 04, 2015, 10:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillP_556

The KD Appleseeds look like a lot of fun!  Where can I find the closest KD's to VA?  Also how many rounds of ammo do you need for each day of a KD Appleseed?
Respectfully,

BillP_556

jmdavis

Depending on where you are in VA. Ramseur could be the closest KD. Another option is MD.

You may use 300+ rounds over the KD. But you don't have to. At most of the one day events I have run or attended. We wound up shooting less than 100 rounds for the day. But the ammo needs depend on the number of AQT's you will shoot.

You should also look into the field shoots at Ramseur. It is not an Appleseed but they are a great group of guys and put on a challenging shoot.

Finally, if you check the topics below you will find a notice for a clinic to be taught in VA at Cavalier Rifle and Pistol Club by the National Champions of the 2014 Infantry Trophy at Camp Perry (the Virginia Rifle Team of VFEMI). That event will be conducted at 100 yards but will include a high instructor to student ratio (1:2 or less), and will require 100 rounds of AMMO.
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

AMHLDO

Quote from: wplunkett2011 on January 04, 2015, 10:29:06 PM
The KD Appleseeds look like a lot of fun!  Where can I find the closest KD's to VA?  Also how many rounds of ammo do you need for each day of a KD Appleseed?

KD Appleseeds are a ton of fun!  However, many require you to attend at least one 25 meter event as a pre-req if you haven't already.  Frankly, attending a 25 meter event first pays huge dividends when you have to hit that "I believe" button for the first time at 300 or 400 yards.

BillP_556

Quote from: jmdavis on January 04, 2015, 10:47:55 PM
Depending on where you are in VA. Ramseur could be the closest KD. Another option is MD.

You may use 300+ rounds over the KD. But you don't have to. At most of the one day events I have run or attended. We wound up shooting less than 100 rounds for the day. But the ammo needs depend on the number of AQT's you will shoot.

You should also look into the field shoots at Ramseur. It is not an Appleseed but they are a great group of guys and put on a challenging shoot.

Finally, if you check the topics below you will find a notice for a clinic to be taught in VA at Cavalier Rifle and Pistol Club by the National Champions of the 2014 Infantry Trophy at Camp Perry (the Virginia Rifle Team of VFEMI). That event will be conducted at 100 yards but will include a high instructor to student ratio (1:2 or less), and will require 100 rounds of AMMO.

I've been to a 1 day in VA in 2007, and then a 2-day at Ramseuer NC in 2008.  I've signed up for the NRA Appleseed this May, but think it would be fun extending past 25m.  I saw the 100 yard event posted on M14 forum.  How do I register for that event?
Respectfully,

BillP_556

jmdavis

The instructions should be on the announcement. I am coordinating for the club, but I think that there is a phone number and email on the announcement.

Mike
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

AMHLDO

Quote from: wplunkett2011 on January 05, 2015, 10:39:51 PM
Quote from: jmdavis on January 04, 2015, 10:47:55 PM

I've been to a 1 day in VA in 2007, and then a 2-day at Ramseuer NC in 2008.  I've signed up for the NRA Appleseed this May, but think it would be fun extending past 25m.  I saw the 100 yard event posted on M14 forum.  How do I register for that event?

If you've shot a Rifleman score then it sounds like you need an Orange Hat added to your wardrobe...  We always need fresh instructors.

BillP_556

No rifleman yet, however have started practicing dry firing in position at home, and with a little range time each month, can hopefully achieve it in May!
Respectfully,

BillP_556