News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Indiana IBC - Jan. 17/18, 2015

Started by slim, December 30, 2014, 03:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slim

***ATTN BUCKEYE VOLUNTEERS***

Rayne sent this out to Indiana Cadre and has authorized us to crash the party! I encourage all of you to do your best to get there and learn from the pros. If anyone would like to carpool from Cincinnati let me know. Hope to see you there!

Indiana Instructors, we will be holding an intense IBC on January 17-18, 2015.  Details are in the works  and will be forthcoming soon.  Please block this weekend out on your calendar.  If you can't do both days, make sure you are there on the 17th.  This is going to be Epic.

Everyone Have a Very Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year. 

The IBC will be at the Driftwood Volunteer Fire Department's building at 2408 S Main Street, Vallonia IN 47281. (38°50'42.9"N 86°05'51.5"W) On Saturday we will meet at 8:30am and should be done by 6:00pm if possible. (Remember who will be doing a lot of the talking!)  On Sunday we will meet at my place which is 4 miles south at 10:00am and will wrap up around 3:00.  We're moving to my place on Sunday to do some shootin. 

What to bring:
•   Learning Attitude, this will be an intense instructional boot camp.  It will be EPIC!
•   Notebook and Pen
•   The rifle you plan to shoot on Sunday (do not bring ammunition to the fire house on Saturday)
•   A laser if you have one
•   Ammunition for Sunday and any other shooting accessories you may want/need

What to expect: 
•   Learn to be a better marksmanship instructor
•   Learn to teacher
•   Learn from the experienced instructors, techniques not always covered in the manual
•   Learn the whys we teach the way we do
•   Learn communication skills

History Presentation and such will not be covered in depth at this IBC.  This is basically a marksmanship IBC. 

Border Raiders are welcome, just remember that SPQR rules the weekend.  You may need a dictionary to decipher his riddle talk but you will learn so much.

FOOD:  Of course there will be food.  On Saturday we will have a pitch in for the noon meal and everyone needs to bring their own snack for midafternoon if you think you will need something to eat before 6:00pm.  On Sunday we can have Pizza brought in if everyone agrees or bring what you would eat for an Appleseed weekend noon meal.  Bring your own drinks and table service.  Coffee and water will be provided.

Food Sign Up:
Bacon:
Meat:
Meat:
Veggie:
Veggie:
Potato:
Potato:
Dessert:
Dessert:

More categories will be added as people sign up and we see what type of numbers we are looking at.  If you have a specialty dish that doesn't fit into any of the categories, drop me a PM and let me know.  I will update this original post with what people are bringing so everyone knows.

techres

Hey, just as a reminder, this is gonna be really amazing.  You not only should come, but you should bring other instructors with you.  We will be doing some instruction and techniques for individual growth that we have not done before which should not only make you a better instructor - they should also be fun as all get out.

Who is going to be doing it?  Look for some familiar faces in this video to figure it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEajg9zzlew&list=UUWmxl1npl9yAgV0j2iPS9Vw
Modify message
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

Corvette

Ohio Instructors,

This is a great opportunity to shake the rust off and work on your instructional skills. I am planning on attending.  Hope to see many of you there.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Del

I will be there, bringing handmeat also.

Del

GoldFish

Dang it!  Not gonna be able to make this one folks (I'll be in South Cali :cool2:).  Ya'll better keep ol' Huff and -:) squared away in my absence.  But really, IBC's are awesome; I'll never forget my first official event after slim gave me my orange hat: an IBC in Athens, OH.  Thems were some good times, but that Indiana crew knows a thing or two about gettin' things done and havin' fun doin' it.

"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

LindaFromAppleCreek

aka Mustang380gal

slim

techres

Still looking for more instructors to come.  Don't have to be IIT's.  This is for all experience levels with new materials and techniques being presented!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SGYZ37XhwY&list=UUWmxl1npl9yAgV0j2iPS9Vw

We all are working to make each of us even better instructors than we are.

techres

Send more!

We will be using some new training materials and take home stuff that will be very useful. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYHNNFtobyo

Del

I can bring chili and corn muffins for saturday.

slim

Del

Yes for the pitch in. I assume there will be a place to plug in a crock pot.

dirtdawg

dirtdawg

If I only had to answer to myself, I would already be there :)

techres

Day one was great!  Hoping day two is even better.

Instructor Training Days

techres

Posting up videos from the first day.  Anyone who wants links, PM me for them!