News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Indy 1500 Jan 16th-18th

Started by AAOptics, December 30, 2014, 02:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AAOptics

Its getting close to time for the show.  I've still got room to give AS a table.  I know YJH plans to help, but it would be nice to have folks on hand to give him a break, or company, or be able to do it if something comes up and he needs a day off.

Who is in?  I know it will be a busy weekend with the IBC and all,so I don't know what we want to do, but I figure its time to start talking about it.

Rayne

~
QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

AAOptics

Quote from: Rayne on December 30, 2014, 03:13:15 PM
Does this starts on Friday?  If at all possible I'd like to help then.  I can't believe the IBC is the same as the 1500  :slap:

Its a conspiracy.

The show hours are

Fri 1400-2000
Sat 0800-1800
Sun 0900-1600

I think last show was such a fluke slow its hard to get a solid gauge off of it.  Id love to see us give this show our all atleast until we have a good busy show.  The down side to this is it could be a year or more before you really see the fruit's of our labor, the up side is all it cost is time.

slim

Quote from: 42769vette on December 30, 2014, 04:07:44 PMI think last show was such a fluke slow its hard to get a solid gauge off of it.  Id love to see us give this show our all atleast until we have a good busy show.  The down side to this is it could be a year or more before you really see the fruit's of our labor, the up side is all it cost is time.
Gun shows reach our "low hanging fruit" and it takes a looong time to see the fruit show up to our lines. But, it's worth the effort to staff them in order to build legitimacy - even moreso than butts on the line.

Nobody at the gun show has never heard of the NRA. It's no secret who they are. Yet, every show, there's a table with volunteers so if you want to talk to someone about the NRA, they'll be there. We have to be the same. When folks go to a gun show or shooting match or public gathering dealing with the gun industry (like, say, the SHOT show?) they'll see Appleseed there as a player in the game.

When we fail to show up and wave the Applseed flag, leave all those hands unshaken and babies unkissed, we're not just losing butts on the line. We're losing our legitimacy.

Thanks for all you do for our program, 42769vette!

AAOptics

Quote from: slim on December 30, 2014, 04:14:39 PM
Quote from: 42769vette on December 30, 2014, 04:07:44 PMI think last show was such a fluke slow its hard to get a solid gauge off of it.  Id love to see us give this show our all atleast until we have a good busy show.  The down side to this is it could be a year or more before you really see the fruit's of our labor, the up side is all it cost is time.
Gun shows reach our "low hanging fruit" and it takes a looong time to see the fruit show up to our lines. But, it's worth the effort to staff them in order to build legitimacy - even moreso than butts on the line.

Nobody at the gun show has never heard of the NRA. It's no secret who they are. Yet, every show, there's a table with volunteers so if you want to talk to someone about the NRA, they'll be there. We have to be the same. When folks go to a gun show or shooting match or public gathering dealing with the gun industry (like, say, the SHOT show?) they'll see Appleseed there as a player in the game.

When we fail to show up and wave the Applseed flag, leave all those hands unshaken and babies unkissed, we're not just losing butts on the line. We're losing our legitimacy.

Thanks for all you do for our program, 42769vette!

Does AS set up at shot?

Charles McKinley

No.  Talk to Range Rat (I believe) for detailed frustrations on this.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

AAOptics

Quote from: Charles McKinley on December 31, 2014, 04:19:35 AM

Shot is a expensive show to set up at, you can do a ton of "networking" walking around.  I think as long as AS has trusted faces in the crowd shaking hands the program would get a lot of mileage out of the event.

TJ Kackowski

Alan,    I'll be there Saturday after I'm done with University of Scouting, and can stay until closing.  That should put me at the door no later than 2:00 PM.

Sunday is still up in the air, but I'm leaning toward the 1500 right now.

armaborealis

Quote from: 42769vette on December 31, 2014, 10:44:49 AM
Quote from: Charles McKinley on December 31, 2014, 04:19:35 AM

Shot is a expensive show to set up at, you can do a ton of "networking" walking around.  I think as long as AS has trusted faces in the crowd shaking hands the program would get a lot of mileage out of the event.

Unless there's a super secret plan that I'm not aware of, RWVA's officers have not approved or funded even an informal presence at SHOT this year.

A few volunteers may show up on their own dime and secure their own credentials to get through the door, but that's an "off the books" networking-only sort of deal.
Rifleman - 1 July 2012 - Gaston, SC
KD Qual - 27 September 2014 - Elberton, GA

chubbs

Sign me up for a shift if you would Alan. I can do either Saturday or Sunday. Let me know which day you need me.

AAOptics

Quote from: chubbs on January 02, 2015, 03:30:30 PM
Sign me up for a shift if you would Alan. I can do either Saturday or Sunday. Let me know which day you need me.

Copy that.

Do you want to ride up with me on Sunday again?

chubbs

Sounds good to me. I don't mind a little pack muling  :DH:

AAOptics

AAOptics

Chubbs will be lending a hand Sunday, and TJ volunteered some time, anyone else want in?

TJ Kackowski

Slight change of plans for me ... my responsibilities at UoS have been extended.  I won't be able to get out to the fair grounds on Saturday until late in the afternoon ... like 5:00 PM late.  I am available to help all day on Sunday though.

AAOptics

Quote from: TJ Kackowski on January 12, 2015, 03:20:19 PM
Slight change of plans for me ... my responsibilities at UoS have been extended.  I won't be able to get out to the fair grounds on Saturday until late in the afternoon ... like 5:00 PM late.  I am available to help all day on Sunday though.

I would not worry about coming Saturday.  The show closes at 6pm on Saturday.

So we have

Friday=YHJ
Saturday=YHJ
Sunday=YHJ, Chubbs, TJ

yellowhousejake

Saturday I have help, no worries there now. I am bringing a Blue Hat for Chubbs as well. Sunday I will leave the show in the capable hands of TJ and Chubbs.

DAve
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

TJ Kackowski

Sad news in the Kackowski household.  My wife's Uncle passed away early this morning.  The memorial service is Sunday.  I'm going to have to back out of the 1500.

Looks like Chubbs will have to pull double duty on Sunday.  So sorry my friend.

chubbs

No worries i'll hold down the fort, sorry for your family's loss.

AAOptics