News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Sunland, CA: December 20/21, 2014

Started by gonejohnny, December 22, 2014, 12:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gonejohnny

A great way to round out the year in Southern California. Nine Souls convened upon the Eagles Nest at Angeles Ranges in Sunland, California for this weekend's Appleseed. You could tell right from the start this was a serious & squared away group.

Lau brought his 10/22 with factory sights, as well as his mini-14... slugging away both days, we all noticed tremendous perseverance AND improvement throughout the weekend.

Brothers Jim & Alex were a real treat. Egging each other on and pushing each other to succeed with borrowed rifles, each showed tons of heart and groups shrank by the minute!

Ivan! Thank you for attending! Your additions to our stories and history are a welcome inclusion!

Colin came this weekend for his 2nd Appleseed. A few hurdles were apparent, but once he learns to get out of his own way - it's a shoe-in that he'll shoot his score in no time!

Adrian always had a smile on his face AND showed colossal improvement as well.

Ryan, only there for Saturday - had the firehose turned on him hard. We definitely hope to see him again in the near future.

And then there's "Squared Away Steve"... 228 WITH a crossfire... 232... 218... you could see the gears cranking in his head as the information was soaking in.

All shooters effective to to 268 & 350-yards respectively with M1-Garands on steel late in the day on Sunday. That moment of hesitation after the shot, before you hear the CLANG of 150-grains of lead on a steel plate 350-yards away... the smile that creeps in as you hear your successful shot... priceless moments every single one.

Instructors and students alike, please post your insights, experience, thoughts & pictures from this weekend.

Thank you to MrB, Gratefuldog, V, Alexander, RedFeather & Whangdoodle for allowing me this weekend with them. Forever grateful and proud.

Until next time,
Rock & Roll,
Favor Center,
GoneJohnny

Oh, yeah... before I forget... Brother KoolAid is back and this time he's cleaning RedCoats... coming soon to a shoot near you "Those Guys Catering Company". Stay tuned...

MR B (549)

It was one of those appleseeds where everything ran smoothly with a great bunch of shooters.
I had a blast.
In a time of universal deceit,
telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
George Orwell

bernieb90

This is  "Squared Away Steve" I want to thank all the instructors again, and my fellow shooters for a very memorable weekend.  What I learned behind the rifle, and about the history of this country will stay with me forever.  I still have a smile on my face from when you handed me the patch.  You really do rock Johnny, and you are an awesome story teller who really brings the history to life.

Steve

Redfeather

This is my idea of fun. Good people. Good stories. Rifles. Fun.  :---

adrianliauw

Thank you to Johnny, the crew, and other shooters for helping me. My shots have been improving significantly throughout the weekend. I did enjoy the event last week and I can't wait to go to the next appleseed. I also learned a lot about the real american revolutionary war.

bernieb90

Adrian you were a great shooting neighbor.  Thanks for the help during the team portion of the day.

Steve