News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Tallahassee, Fl. Isaac Davis Memorial Range 20-21 December 2014

Started by Engineer shooting, December 22, 2014, 11:54:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer shooting

Legend has it that Sam Adams, hearing the musket fire on the Common as he and Hancock left Lexington for safer quarters, commented that it was a fine morning. An irritated Hancock responded that he did not find the weather at all to his liking. Adams replied, "It is a fine morning for America."

The weather wasn't the best this weekend but it was "a fine morning for America."  You only had to see the statistics of the Redcoats to see the jump in the level of improvement. Families and friends came to learn their heritage and improve their marksmanship. Five requalified to show they remembered their lessons. Don came back to secure his Orange Hat. Dru and Meagan received their Riflewoman patches at their first event. Tim came back to secure his Rifleman patch.

I have to thank the finest staff a Shoot Boss could ask for BrianB returned after a long tour to the sandbox. BrianF came from Georgia to meet his Florida brothers and sisters. Richard, Jan, Sean and of course Lori to round off our rough edges. Passing out patches and Orange Hats at a great rate demonstrates the level of their instruction.  O0
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

Timber Wolf

A great weekend it was.  Of course it does not hurt my opinion any that I got my patch!  Seems like it was the same kind of weather as it was during my first Appleseed.  I suppose that is what happens when you wait a year to come back!  Lord willing and the creek don't rise it will not be that long till next time, and I will bring reinforcements!

I can't say enough good things about Engineer, Adobe, and the crew.  If they are indicative of the Appleseed Instructor corps (and I expect they are) than the future of the organization is in fine hands.

AdobeWalls

But you and all the kind of Christ are ignorant and brave,
And you have wars you hardly win, and souls you hardly save.
                            -- Chesterton, Ballad of the White Horse, 1911

The easy way is always mined.  -- Murphy's Law of Combat Infantry

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way.  -- Twain

brianf31

This was a good shoot with a bunch of eager, attentive shooters. And they could certainly shoot well! Congrats to Dru and Meagan on earning your patches and thanks to Don for taking the orange hat.
"Nevertheless, to the persecution and tyranny of his cruel ministry we will not tamely submit -- appealing to Heaven for the justice of our cause, we determine to die or be free."

― Joseph Warren

boltin barefoot

Great Christmas present to have 3 of my girls with me and one family friend.  The Issac Davis Crew was excellent again.  Patient and encouraging!  Outstanding instruction, two new riflewoman and one orange hat from my group.  Thanks to Engineer Shooting, Adobewalls, Lucky Lori, Sean, Brian, Brian and the Silver Bullet!

boltin barefoot

Speaking of great instructors!  Here they are:

boltin barefoot

Had to include new rifleman Timber Wolf:

Tomblin

what a wonderful event  with a great  energetic  cooperative group of students. congratulations to all  new who shot score or requalified. Instructors it was a pleasure again to work with all of you.
lucky lori