News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Liberty Hats

Started by hogfamily, December 18, 2014, 03:53:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfamily

Alaska Appleseed Shoot Bosses, Instructors, IITs, and Blue Hats.

If there is enough interest in these Liberty Hats I will pursue seeing if Track of the Wolf will give a discount to Appleseed and if Hi-Res Graphics will give a break on the embroidery.

Full price for if ordered from Track is $25.94, (including shipping), embroidery at Hi-Res is $7. For a total of $32.94.

They come in all of our colors.

http://www.trackofthewolf.com/List/Item.aspx/413/1

As all of this will take some time and we may get them just in time for summer.  (Or I can wait 'till next fall to pursue this.)

Of course you can choose to do this on your own.

If anyone knows of a source of the hats and the embroidery that would be less expensive with the same or better quality let me know and I will check it out.

Liberty Hat

"Among the Romans the cap of felt was the emblem of liberty. When a slave obtained his freedom he had his head shaved, and wore instead of his hair an undyed pileus. Servos ad pileum vocare is a summons to liberty. In late Republican Rome, the cap of freedmen served as a symbol of freedom from tyranny.

The Liberty Cap as an emblem of liberty was used by the Sons of Liberty as early as 1765. During the American Revolution, particularly in the early years, many of the soldiers who fought for the Patriot cause wore knitted stocking liberty caps of red, sometimes with the motto "Liberty" or "Liberty or Death" knitted into the band.

In addition, there are references of the erection of Liberty Poles, topped with such a cap and flying a Liberty Flag prior to the American Revolution. This was a very popular and powerful symbol in those days."

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

"Move that fat ass Henry!"
"Don't swing your balls or you'll swamp the boat!"

fisherdawg

I would like one in red & one in green.  I'd like my embroidery to be 'RWVA' on one side and 'LIBERTY' on the other. I'll hang out and see how the group order develops.
If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. (James Madison)

"Young man, what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."
(Captain Levi Preston, of the Danvers militia, at age 91, remembering the day)

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties, for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations.  Suffolk Resolves, September 9, 1774, attributed to Dr. Joseph Warren

hogfamily

Quote from: fisherdawg on December 18, 2014, 03:56:33 PM
I would like one in red & one in green.  I'd like my embroidery to be 'RWVA' on one side and 'LIBERTY' on the other. I'll hang out and see how the group order develops.

I'm sure that having that embroidered on the opposite  side would not be a problem.

I thought about having Liberty embroidered under RWVA. From the research I have done Liberty or Liberty or Death was generally embroidered in white.
Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

fisherdawg

Just to keep it simple (and a little more soil resistant) I'd be happy to have both RWVA and LIBERTY in black...
If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. (James Madison)

"Young man, what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties, for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations.  Suffolk Resolves, September 9, 1774, attributed to Dr. Joseph Warren

hogfamily

hogfamily

I know there will be at least five Blue Hats. O0

Medicus

I want one in Red in anticipation of next year, if it's not too presumptive. Otherwise identical to FD's. It'll be a good conversation piece back down south. Let me know when we have a price point.
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." Samuel Adams

"Just relax in the sling; we're going to make fun of you." -Pete!

hogfamily

Quote from: Medicus on December 18, 2014, 05:04:08 PM
I want one in Red in anticipation of next year, if it's not too presumptive. Otherwise identical to FD's. It'll be a good conversation piece back down south. Let me know when we have a price point.

Roger - Wilco

Lonestar6

Fun fact: you can find a Phrygian cap, aka cap of liberty, atop the sword on the US Army seal.

Hooah!!
LS6
President Reagan is quoted as saying 'There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit.' This is a valid observation, and a powerful tool.

hogfamily

Fixer

Count me in on the group buy as well. Or send ordering info, whatever it takes.

fisherdawg

A little background from David Hackett Fischer

509gman

Put me down for a red as well.
"What! what! men, dodging this way for single bullets! What will you do when they open fire along the whole line? I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist-"
Last words of Union Gen. John Sedgwick, before he was killed by a Confederate sniper.

Earl

I would like one in red, with Liberty on it, or RWVA and Liberty.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

olefido

Mon dieu. Je suis un voyageur. ;) I want a red one but I will wait until spring when I am going to work on my Red Hat PC. Please bump this then.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Taka222

That's awesome - I'd like a red and a green whenever we pursue this.
PREPAREDNESS - "When you need it and don't have it, you will sing a different tune." Burt Gummer