News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

North Carolina Rifleman please sign in

Started by Pain Killer, December 18, 2014, 03:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RGW48

June 14, 2015, Best Score: 226, Shot at the Charlotte Rifle & Pistol Club, Range Boss was Pain Killer.

Pain Killer

Great job RGW! It was a pleasure meeting you.
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

Engineer shooting

Ramseur 3/15!

Quote from: Gump on April 01, 2015, 11:07:51 PM
New rifleman here 3/31/15 Ramseur RBC score:220 Real name Forrest
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

SteveNCarolina

Was a lovely spring day, 4/19/2015. Only rained sideways, never upwards. Got out just as river rising 
up to the entry road at Watauga Gun Club in Boone, NC. 249 on last course of the day. Scoped 22LR upper on AR lower. Great history lesson NOT taught in schools.

Steve

Pain Killer

KD Appleseed in Ramseur July 18-19. This is your opportunity to apply what you have learned and shoot out to actual distance. Sign up today!
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

Morpheus76

Ramsuer 3/15, Engineer Shooting was the SB, I was next to Forrest.  Score 211?  I think.  PHenry sprained his foot.  Learned a lot, I'm finally on the forum...
The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

clearsight

Ramsuer, 9/6/2015, 216 thanks to the loan of a rifle and the great, patient, help from the instructors. I learned what I had hoped to, and appreciate all those who helped. Frank

highwindingtrail

Last day of Rifleman's Boot Camp (10/9/15) at Ramseur, NC (10-15!). Came close twice during the week, but was quite frustrated at the "WALL." As it turned out this was a good thing because you learn more from failure than immediate success.  I concentrated on the essential principles to break through the WALL. Found out on the last day that I was not getting a proper cheek weld from my rifle, which was MY WALL. Bill and his son Will lent me their rifle. It took one AQT to get used to the rifle and the second AQT I scored a 222.

Redwolf

TheMadisonian

Hi folks.  Just completed my first Appleseed with ThePoet in the rain and scored my Rifleman patch with scores of 220 and 228 back to back.

Really enjoyed the program and hope to be able to continue to participate as I much as I can.

Thank you very much to all those who volunteered their time, effort and equipment to make such a fantastic weekend possible.  I definitely didn't think I'd learn that much going in but the quality of the training and the attention to detail is far and away better than most other training classes I've taken that cost a lot more money.

For now I'll be trying to convince the wife that its a good idea for me to try a winterseed up in Ramseur...I put my odds at about 20:1  ~~:)

Thanks again and hope to see y'all soon.

ThePoet

Thanks for coming out and enduring the rain and cold.  You did a great job!  We hope to see you and your wife at a future event. 

Quote from: TheMadisonian on November 09, 2015, 10:08:06 AM
Hi folks.  Just completed my first Appleseed with ThePoet in the rain and scored my Rifleman patch with scores of 200 and 228 back to back.

Really enjoyed the program and hope to be able to continue to participate as I much as I can.

Thank you very much to all those who volunteered their time, effort and equipment to make such a fantastic weekend possible.  I definitely didn't think I'd learn that much going in but the quality of the training and the attention to detail is far and away better than most other training classes I've taken that cost a lot more money.

For now I'll be trying to convince the wife that its a good idea for me to try a winterseed up in Ramseur...I put my odds at about 20:1  ~~:)

Thanks again and hope to see y'all soon.

TreadwCare

Oct 20, 2012 - Ruger 10/22 "LTR" (Tech Sights). 

Uh, score, enough to be a Rifleman :D  Seriously forgot.  But, I'll never forget shooting that group in my avatar photo - that was from sitting and I hit the 'zone' Rifleman's Cadence and just crushed it.  All due to exceptional instruction.

Swung back by tonight planning to bring my Dad to an Appleseed this Spring and to reconnect with this fantastic community. 

Henry Foxall

Ramseur, 20 March 2016, score of 222 - long time coming, lots of assistance, instruction, encouragement, and a polite "boot where it counted" as needed. Terry and Cindy were kind enough to lend me their 10/22 (seeing as my Springfield M1A had ejection issues with the installed scope - not uncommon, I understand), and after a "Redcoat," a sighter square, and a bit of refamiliarizing with a "normal" 10/22 bolt release, hit the required score on 2nd AQT. Great job, Terry, Cindy, Bill, Toy, and Lawrence, and THANK YOU for your patience!  :bow:
"Tell the men to fire faster and not give up the ship. Fight her till she sinks!"(Attributed to Captain James Lawrence, USS Chesapeake v HMS Shannon, June 1st, 1813)

The ship is sinking - bailers needed. Apply here!

Aussie Rob

Ramseur, March 20 2016. Scored a 241 on the first AQT of the day - I could not beat that one! (Savage Mk II BTV).

Excellent instruction by all the bosses - Lawrence was shoot boss for the event.

sonofodin

April 17 in Waxhaw, NC. Scored a 222. Had a great time, I'd like to thank Pain Killer and yankeedoodle and the others (I can't remember your forum handles) for such great instruction.

Brighteyes

April 17, 2016 at the CRPC in Waxhaw.  My score was 216.  Thanks to Painkiller I finally made it!!  Also thanks to Pelon, Neil, and The Poet for encouraging me!!  O0

Specialkay

May 2016 - 216 score at the Home Range in Ramseur.

And very relieved.
May 2016 - Rifleman - Ramseur (216)
June 10, 2017 - KD Qualified - Ramseur (33/40)
June 11, 2017 - KD Perfect Score - Ramseur (40/40)

markchiarello

Patriots Day 2016 at Ramseur was the first time I shot with a loop sling since leaving the Marine Corps.  I don't recall my score, but I seem to have a patch that indicates adequate performance.

Shoot Boss KARDIAC KID and the other instructors did a fine job running the event.  They were even kind enough to take a few of us to the KD range.  Most importantly, I had a lovely day with my wife.

I believe in the mission of Appleseed and I am willing to contribute.  For what it is worth, I am a licensed Attorney.  Please let me know how i can help.

-Mark

baddarryl

I qualified April 19, 2015 in the pouring rain after equipment failures and on a borrowed tricked out 10/22 from Forrest I think? Last AQT of the day and a score 214. Never give up and go home! Doing on Patriots Day weekend was unreal! Sadman was the shoot boss.

Jzody

Ramseur October 2016 with a score of 220. Engineer shooting was the SB.

first-model

Qualified today at Ramseur with a score of 213. Woot!

Mike

Jmel

March 26th, Greenville, NC with a 227 score using a borrowed 10/22. Honored to have participated.

Mercedes

I double qualified in Manchester, TN on May 28th with a 211 and a 210.

SpeakUp

12-13 Mar 2016 - Montpelier, VA
19-20 Mar 2016 - Ramseur, NC
12 Jun 2016 - Flagstaff, AZ

Don't remember the scores, but I met some awesome folks!

Shkoobjr

After two Appleseed events I hit rifleman on December 3, 2017. I was on the range down on Waxhaw, NC at Charlotte Rifle and Pistol club.

I had so much fun and will probably keep coming back for fun.

Mr.McCain

Ramseur N.C. 1/20/19, slid in with a measly 213, using an A2 clone, standard open sights and m193 ammo.

Had a blast and cant wait to do it again

Be courteous to all, but intimate with few.

race_bannon

Checking in from the Triad area.

I participated in my first Appleseed event this past weekend, 9-10 March 2019, down in Martin, Georgia. I shot a 217 on my 3rd AQT attempt and that was followed by a 220. As mentioned this was my first Appleseed. I want to attend an event in Ramseur as it is only an hour from me and I need to get a "Distinguished" tab  ;)
How do I reload?

Iron Lung

20190428 - Charlotte Rifle and Pistol Club - shot 224 with a Ruger 10/22 and tech sights.

jtdiver

November 23, 2019 one fine place, Sevierville, TN  Score 217 & 225
1st Appleseed, Charlotte, NC
Rifleman Severville, TN  November 2019
IBC       Canton 3-22.
IIT-1      Ellijay, GA   May 16, 2022
IIT-2      Martin, GA   May 29,  2022
Pistoleerâ„¢  Martin, GA  May 27, 2022

PisgahProject

New Rifleman 12/15/19 Charlotte Rifle& Pistol - Shoot boss was Steve
235/239 and somehow made 240 ??? after fighting a host of bad habits and feeding issues.
Looking forward to a few more events and some volunteering
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only three for proper trigger squeeze