News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

North Carolina Rifleman please sign in

Started by Pain Killer, December 18, 2014, 03:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pain Killer

NC rifleman, please post here and let us know when you first scored Rifleman, where and what score.

Thanks,
PK
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

hawkeye

2008 ,June boot camp, about a 228 with an Garand .  JB was the shoot boss.  Steve
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

Pelon

Schooner

Made Rifleman December 14, 2014 at Ramseur, NC, with a score of 210

~~ Schooner

Woo

12/13/2014, Ramseur, 235 Points, CZ455 Training 22lr, Federal Champion 22lr 510, with Scope at 9x

:pop:

Let your rapidity be that of the wind, your silence that of the forest. In raiding and plundering be like fire, be immovable like a mountain.

VrmntYnkee

Santander

That would have been back in July or Aug of 2008.  (I just remember sweating... a lot)  :-)
I scored in the 230's and I used an M1A with S.African mil-surplus ball ammo (iron sights).  I spent the 2nd day up at the "big-boy range".
Fred gave me a patch and asked me to be an instructor. 

Engineer Jim

Ramseur KD, November 15/16.  225 with a 20" A2AR service rifle; Federal XM193.  It was the last string of fire.  I think I actually jumped for joy like a little kid.

Jim

ThaiFighter

Myakka Gun and Archery Club in Feb 2009.  231 with ruger 10/22 and a scope,  pulled out an AR and shot a string in the 2-teens with the carry handle.

amazing what happens when you listen and apply...
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)

92trk

pitbulz21

Oct2013 score of 224 with a 10/22, Apr2014 score of 212 with a M1a both at Ramseur!
Even though I walk thru the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for the shadow is mine and so is the valley.
                                      -Anonymous

ATTITUDE
it takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only three for proper trigger squeeze!

Guitarhacker

Ramseur, NC   March 2013  shot 210 (although that could be argued and was, with the judge)

OK... I just returned from my second Appleseed in Boone NC. Feb 7& 8 2015.  I shot a number of AQT's on this seed with the majority of them qualifying. The highest score on the ones scored was 228... and I actually have two or 3 AQT targets that have yet to be scored. The instructors were wearing us OUT.  As fast as we cleared the line... Shooters, your prep time begins NOW!!!  Load 2 magazines 2 and 8.... Here we go again....

Massive round count shoot and so much fun.....

Bazooka Man

Charlotte Rifle and Pistol Club-June, 2013, score 229.  Ruger 10-22 with 2-7 variable scope (no sling)
Watauga Gun Club, Boone, NC Feb. 7/8, 2015, score 231, Ruger 10-22 with 2-7 variable scope (sling)

Boone was my second AS.  Great instructors and lots of fun.  I managed to qualify Expert on several AQTs, but the 231 was my highest. 

Ramseur, NC Appleseed Home Range, April 18/19. Ruger 10-22 with 2-7 variable scope (sling) We shot far less AQTs than we did at either Charlotte or Boone, but my soreness couldn't tell the difference LOL!  I managed my AS high with a 236. The Appleseed Volley at 1600 hrs. was awesome! 
June 15/16 2013 Rifleman (Charlotte, NC)
Feb. 7/8 2015 Rifleman (Boone, NC) (Winterseed)
April 18/19 2015 Rifleman (Ramseur, NC)
March, 2017 RBC Rifleman and KD Qualified
(Ramseur, NC) Took a Blue Hat.
April 22/23, 2017 Rifleman Requal (243)
Ramseur, NC
January 20/21, 2018 Rifleman Requal (244) Ramseur, NC
May 4/5, 2019 Rifleman Requal (249)
Ramseur, NC
May 24/25, 2019 KD Requal
Ramseur, NC
May 14, 2020 RBC Ramseur, NC Pistoleer™ Patch (220)

Dakota

Summer 2010? Calverton, LI sandpit. 217 w/ 10-22
"A fine marksman with a second rate rifle is far more effective than the reverse." - Colonel Jeff Cooper

How good are YOU, with YOUR rifle, Today?

"If the prospect of having your thumb hit by the bolt is unacceptable do not attempt to load your Garand"-Springfield M1 Garand owners manual

R.I.P "DAKOTA" My Buddy 1/24/01 - 6/23/12

Guitarhacker

joelkillion

I first scored Rifleman with a 223 on February 8, 2015 at the Watauga Gun Club in Boone, NC.  :---
Soli Deo gloria,
Joel M. Killion
Wilson, NC

"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act" (Dietrich Bonhoeffer).

Pain Killer

Great job Joel! It was great meeting you this weekend. Make sure to bring the family next time

PK
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

Pelon

I looked it up.  It was February 24th, 2013.  I think the score was 212.   ..:..

ThePoet

11/10/2013 at Charlotte Rifle & Pistol Club.  218.

Gump

New rifleman here 3/31/15 Ramseur RBC score:220 Real name Forrest
Ramseur 3/15!!!  Dunnellon 4/15!!! Patriots day Ramseur 4/18th and 19th/15!!!

Pain Killer

Fedup Flyer

Oct 2014 - Ramseur   229

Ruger 10/22 with iron sights

Next time I will try with a magnifier to see if I can get a higher score.

Bobby233

Ramseur April 18th. First aqt was a 221 followed it up on the first one sunday with a 233. Shooting a Ruger 10/22 scoped. This was the second Appleseed for me, the first one was in Febuary in Boone and I did not qualify.

Gump

You did a great job this weekend. Well done.
Ramseur 3/15!!!  Dunnellon 4/15!!! Patriots day Ramseur 4/18th and 19th/15!!!

Yankee Doodle

First time in Ramseur, June 2012.

Again April 19th, 2015 in Charlotte, where I also took my Orange Hat.

Each time with a Marlin 795 with TeshSights.

The Memorial Volley there was also something special.
Young Members Committee -National Society,  Sons of the American Revolution

Interested in the SAR?  Shoot me a PM and I'll help you on the path to Being Revolutionary!

"Nil desperandum, -- Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it."
― Samuel Adams

"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!"  ~Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775 at St. John's Parish Church, Richmond, VA

First Rifleman: Ramseur- 26 June 2012
Requal/Orange Hat:  Charlotte - 19 April 2015
Red Hat: 27 April 2017
Shoot Boss: 10 February 2018
KD Qualified:  Ramseur -  30 December 2018

Squirrelhead

Charlotte Rifle & Pistol Club on April 18th, 2015 with a score of 212 using a Ruger 10/22 with iron sights.

Pinelander

April two years ago in Charlotte, 216 with a pink 10/22.  Again this past weekend, my wife's 10/22.
216 twice.  Stuck on that number.  Tech sights on both.
What a great bunch of instructors! And great patriots! 

Many thanks to Preacher? for his instruction for my daughter.  She can't wait to come to the next one, along with my wife and other daughter.

Polonius

September 1, 2013, Ramseur, 211, Lawrence's 10/22, 4 power scope, Federal Automatch

Jumpboot

Charlotte Rifle & Pistol Club in May 2012....210 and 225 Ruger 10/22 with tech sights.
Rifleman 6 May 2012

txstump

April 19, 2014 Ramsuer best score 242  - cold and rainy
April 19, 2015 Boone only score due to flooding monsoon typhoon - 243

One day I am going to try to go in good weather and shoot several AQTs.

I wonder what the weather was like April 19, 1776 in Concord?  If it was like Boone in 2015 we would all still be British.